Senior Coordinator, PR
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
We are Crowell & Moring
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The PR & Internal Communications Senior Coordinator supports the firm’s public relations and internal communications functions. The Senior Coordinator reports to Director, Media, PR & Communications and supports the broader Marketing & Communications team in the following ways: develops media plans for specific practice groups such and conducts proactive media outreach to set up interviews and other opportunities for our lawyers with reporters; generates multiplatform content for internal and external consumption, such as media pitch materials, news articles, social media messaging, and award submissions; tracks the firm’s lists/directory/rankings/awards program; conducts media monitoring and research; and tracks and analyzes analytics regarding the effectiveness of communications efforts. The Senior Coordinator will support the department in the creation of multimedia projects, including videos and social media messages.
• Writes and edits PR materials, internal communications, client communications, and alumni newsletters. Content examples include: media pitches, talking points, press releases, event announcements, executive communications, web content, and social media post content, etc.
• Supports the firm’s lists/directory/rankings/awards program by identifying and confirming opportunities to promote the firm, lawyers, practices, and strategic initiatives for appropriate rankings, surveys, and lists; maintains the annual award calendar; drafts and edits submissions; secures timely approvals; and supports the project management of directory submissions.
• Works directly with practice groups to raise the profile of individual lawyers and practice brands. This includes: drafting media plans; creating media lists; conducting media outreach; assisting on client alert and event communications strategy; etc.
• Serves as an approved media relations point of contact for the firm in order to generate positive press placements. Identifies targeted reports; handles reporter inquiries; conducts PR conflict research; schedules interviews; and manages social media distribution and reprints of resulting placements.
• Supports the creation of multimedia content, including videos. Creates and maintains relevant social media handles for the firm to showcase the firm’s culture and promote its work to clients, alumni, and laterals.
• Maintains news placements and supports the timely dissemination of media mentions about the firm, its practices, its lawyers and strategic initiatives via social media platforms. Will continue to share the news with the firm’s management, practice chairs, and others as appropriate.
• Supports the updating of the firm’s profiles on third-party websites, such as Chambers, Chambers Associate, Legal 500, and Vault.
• Supports the placement of byline articles in select publications, including identifying proper media targets and conducting media outreach accordingly.
• Tracks analytics regarding PR and internal communications efforts on a continuous basis, including by practice and region.
• Collaborates with all Client Development & Practice Management team members to help achieve the firm’s overall marketing, public relations, internal communications and business development objectives.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, English, communications, public relations, or marketing. An equivalent combination of training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of two to three years of experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated. Experience with Social Media - e.g. Social Media platforms, monitoring, etc - highly desired. Legal industry and/or PR agency experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic, and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate creatively, clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, outside media organizations, and vendors. Requires creativity, discretion and ability to persuade others.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and organize and prioritize a heavy workload in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a complex nature and to build effective relationships.
• Understanding of one or more communications areas is a must: public relations, public affairs, journalism, internal communications, and digital communications (i.e., website, social media, blogging).
• Ability to make presentations to small and/or large groups in an effective manner.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, and standard work documents. Familiarity with content management systems to post web and social media content is desired.
• Ability to track and analyze analytics for the purpose of demonstrating the effectiveness of communications efforts.
• Ability to edit content; understanding of AP Style is a plus.
• Interest in or demonstrated ability to shoot and produce video in a professional setting.
• Ability to work overtime, as needed.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.