Administrative Support Assistant
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
The Administrative Support Assistant is accountable for providing entry-level administrative support and customer service to the Business Services Center in order to meet critical deadlines within established guidelines.
• Inputs and finalizes attorney time into timekeeping system.
• Enters billing edits into Elite.
• Prepares travel and expense reimbursements for submission to Accounting Department. Returns all original receipts to requestor.
• Prepares check requests and processes attorney invoices.
• Prepares New Client/New Matter forms.
• Inputs and updates business contacts in Outlook and firm database.
• Assists with print, scan and copy jobs as assigned.
• Creates CD/DVDs and prepares labels.
• Creates and assembles binders.
• Opens, sorts, scans and distributes mail in compliance with office policy and procedure.
• Performs mail merge and coordinates large client mailings and distributions.
• Prepares Audit Response letters.
• Transcribes audiotapes and/or digital files.
• Proofreads documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and correct formatting. Arranges for return of work to requestor.
• Coordinates travel arrangements by securing air, hotel and car reservations for attorneys as assigned.
• Coordinates conferences, meetings, appointments, and preparation of materials.
• Enters visitor names into MyKastle Visitor Management System.
• Maintains electronic filing systems in compliance with firm guidelines and office policy to ensure accurate and efficient retrieval of data.
• Greets callers and provides assistance as needed.
• Coordinates projects with secretaries, service departments and outside vendors, as appropriate.
• Maintains a log of all work performed using Track-It.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The position requires a High School Diploma or GED. AA/BA/BS degree or equivalent specialized training a plus.
The position requires one (1) year of office experience. Legal administrative experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated basic knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Elite, Interaction, and Chrome River a plus.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion as well as perform routine and non-routine tasks with care, attention to detail and efficiency.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, vendors, and external contacts.
• Must possess a thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
• Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy as well as follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
• Ability to accurately type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
• Basic knowledge of standard office equipment including copy, fax and scanning machines.
• Ability to work overtime hours as requested.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry items without assistance, weighing up to 25 lbs.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.