Director, Client Services
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
We are Crowell & Moring
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With more than 500 lawyers based in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Director, Client Service will develop and support the firm’s Client Service Initiative, which includes the firm’s client team and client feedback programs. This is a highly collaborative firm-wide role. The Director will work closely with several departments and key stakeholders to ensure each team follows the firm’s client team model with respect to accountability, support, strategy, goals and continuous improvement.
This position works closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, other Directors, and the Business Units to design strategies that broaden and enrich client relationships across the firm. This position will also have direct reports.
• Builds the firm’s Client Service function, including enhancing the firm’s client team and client feedback programs. Works with firm leadership, including the members of the firm’s Business Development and Acceptance Committee (“BDAC”) and Management Board, the CMO, and other firm leaders, to identify the firm’s most important client relationships and develop plans for driving revenue growth with those clients.
• Leverages market research, business intelligence and competitive intelligence data analysis and research, including the firm’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, to proactively formulate client-specific business development strategies and priorities.
• Develops the infrastructure, policies, materials, and processes to support the program.
• Liaises with the Business Units to share best practices and implement client service initiatives among the practice and industry groups.
• Conducts ongoing ROI analysis and reporting to gauge the effectiveness of Client Service programs and develop best practices.
• Develops and executes strategies to incorporate client service initiatives into firmwide strategic goals and business plans.
• Partners with the leaders of the Professional Development Department and BDAC to develop firmwide attorney-client development training programs.
• Collaborate with administrative departments across the firm (finance, pricing, research, conflicts) to create and refine best practices for reporting and tracking necessary information in order to enhance client relationships.
• Monitors effectiveness of the program and reports to management.
• Responsible for managing, training and mentoring direct reports.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience that included direct supervision of others, financial management, and demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position. Experience in professional services or law firm marketing is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to lead others in the development of new initiatives and/or completion of large-scale projects in a timely manner.
• Ability to motivate others and build effective, cooperative, work teams.
• Ability to effectively manage others, including hiring, training, assigning work, managing performance, counseling, disciplining and terminating, in order to develop a cohesive, effective work unit.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing, on a prepared and extemporaneous basis.
• Demonstrated ability to make presentations to small and/or large groups in an effective manner.
• Ability to appropriately delegate work to others to meet deadlines, goals and objectives, develop skills and knowledge of others, build capacity and productivity of department.
• Ability to quickly research and understand widely diverse companies and industries.
• Ability to research new ideas, develop creative solutions in areas where little guidance is available, integrate competing views or approaches into a successful strategy or broad plan.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.