Senior Paralegal, Claims Recovery
- 3 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
We are Crowell & Moring.
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Senior Paralegal, Claims Recovery is assigned to the Antitrust Practice Group and is expected to provide service and support to the Claims Recovery team. Senior Paralegals have a minimum billing requirement of 1600 hours per year.
• Coordinates and provides guidance on case and project workflow for paralegals and project assistants.
• Drafts client correspondence, declarations, cover letters, and internal and administrative memos.
• Evaluates findings and develops strategy in preparation for presentation of cases.
• Organizes, manages and updates client files/pleadings (electronic and paper copies).
• Reviews and analyzes client files, data and documents to assist in the investigation of facts and claims preparation.
• Assists with preparation, filing and tracking of claims.
• Prepares for pitches and client meetings; reviews, obtains and analyzes client and industry background information.
• Assists with data collection and analysis.
• Indexes and summarizes documents relating to clients, cases and matters for the claims recovery team.
• Provides data entry support on litigation databases and Excel spreadsheets.
• Performs complex and factual research, analysis and drafting of documents. Assists in the maintenance of practice group document libraries.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff and external contacts. Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a routine nature requiring ordinary tact and courtesy.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Must possess a thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
• Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy as well as follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, lawyers and staff.
• Demonstrated basic knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Moderate typing skills.
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry boxes without assistance, weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.