Manager, Electronic Resources
- 1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Crowell & Moring was founded in 1979 by 53 lawyers who left a large national firm to begin a different kind of law firm. Since then, we've grown to more than 500 lawyers in Washington, D.C., New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, London, and Brussels. And we've created some impressive milestones along the way.
The Manager, Electronic Resources supports the acquisition, access and utilization of online research resources and tools across the firm.
• Coordinates with IS, vendors, and librarians to maintain and improve access to electronic resources, testing, configuring, updating, and troubleshooting the department’s electronic tools and resources.
• Coordinates product demos, product comparison and selection, implementation, outreach and continual support of online research resources.
• Carries out effective planning, communication and implementation of new online resources as well as online resource upgrades and changes.
• Provides support and training to help maximize use of research resources & technology.
• Spearheads testing, troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues in the specific browser and computer environments; works with IS department and vendors to resolve technical issues that arise.
• Assists with online resource purchasing and negotiating of licensing agreements.
• Oversees activities related to the management of e-resources, including e-subscription routing and documentation in ILS (EOS) and other systems.
• Facilitates access to online resources through maintaining and enhancing department intranet pages.
• Responds to questions from attorneys and staff regarding research systems and resources
• Supports utilization of and integration of current awareness tools.
• Assists in updating and maintenance of online resource management tool, Onelog.
• Performs other special projects or duties as needed.
• Travel may be required.
The position requires a Master’s Degree from an ALA accredited library/information studies school preferred; related degree and/or comparable experience considered.
The position requires a minimum six (6) years of experience, during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated. Previous law firm, legal research, and/or technical background desired.
• Familiarity with major legal and business research platforms required.
• Experience with a resource tracking system such as Onelog desirable.
• Experience with Sharepoint desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and with others, in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of legal and non-legal research databases.
• Demonstrated ability to perform effective training for individuals and groups.
• Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both orally and in writing, on a prepared and extemporaneous basis.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to research new ideas, develop creative solutions in areas where little guidance is available, integrate competing views or approaches into a successful strategy or broad plan.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages.
• Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and training guides.
Crowell & Moring LLP and C&M International offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.