Lateral Partner Recruiting Assistant
- 3 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Crowell & Moring was founded in 1979 by 53 lawyers who left a large national firm to begin a different kind of law firm. Since then, we've grown to more than 500 lawyers in Washington, D.C., New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, London, and Brussels. And we've created some impressive milestones along the way.
The Lateral Partner Recruiting Assistant works with the Lateral Partner Recruiting team to support the various committees, departments, practice groups and firm leaders in executing a strategic approach to the lateral partner recruiting process and the overall strategic growth of the firm.
• Supports the circulation and coordination of internal follow-up communications on partner candidate submissions.
• Enter and maintain all candidates in Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
• Handles deployment of lateral partner and senior counsel interview meeting appointments and updates and confirms as needed.
• Greets candidates when they arrive for interviews, escorts them to conference room and ensure VTC is established, when applicable.
• Works with VTC team to ensure interviews involving VTC are connected and executed without issue.
• Oversees logistics related to the partner process to ensure it is running efficiently and appropriate data is being captured, both internally and externally.
• Coordinates conference room reservations.
• Maintains charts and reports including applicant tracking, evaluation reports and candidate information.
• Coordinates evaluation form deployment, follow-up and reporting.
• Ensures documents for the business management and onboarding team have been prepared and saved in FileSite
• Coordinates firm and market research projects with research services
• Maintains FileSite workspace including saving docs/emails using approved naming conventions and maintaining general organization of files.
• Supports coordination of weekly communications to update the Coordinating Committee and Management Board.
• Assists with processing candidates in NuPro and UltiPro.
• Updates forms, as needed.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
The position requires a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires basic familiarity with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Training will be provided on the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Intermediate knowledge of MS suite to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, and standard work documents. Advanced knowledge of Excel functions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, vendors, and the public.
• Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy, as well as follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment that includes multiple locations, to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts regarding both routine and complex matters. Involves the use of considerable tact, discretion, and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to represent the firm with honesty, integrity and professionalism, consistently acting in an ethical manner.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.