- 5870 W Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Interested in joining one of the most creative media agencies in the world? Crossmedia is a growing communications planning and media services agency with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Berlin and London. We run a 100% transparent media practice ensuring objectivity and neutrality across all our buys. Our client roster includes US Bank, White Castle, Tommy Hilfiger, The Hartford, Capital Group, PWC, Realtor.com, i-Health, Nascar, NYU Langone, and more.
We are a fast-growing independent media agency with a strong data and engineering-driven culture, and have the same high standards with our data, code, systems, and people. We value learning and growth (and not being bored) and hire fully-formed, diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can envision being friends with and trusting.
The Data team today is scaling quickly and we are looking for more data nerds (sort of a hybrid data analyst / scientist w/ some engineer in them). While we like full-stack, we know that each individual will bring a different set of skills. This role is mostly focused on our Engineering needs, providing Data infrastructure, integrations and building data products.
You have to love data for its power to drive actionable insights and empowering folks across the company. You’re a SQL and Python master and enjoy using leading tools to instrument, clean, transform, model, and effectively visualize data.
- Focus on supporting our Data infrastructure and integrations
- Be the liaison between the Redbox team and the Engineering team by helping with instrumentation and data models.
- Build, utilize, and support tools that enable us to become even more data-driven than we already are.
- Drive quality into our data pipeline and ultimately data, be it through good standards, in-depth & helpful reviews, data validation methods, anomaly detection and alerting, multivariate experiments w/ proper control group(s), partnering with engineering on data storage and logging, well-thought out ETL, and clearly and succinctly documenting where and how funky 3rd party data becomes our clean, gold-standard set.
- Partner closely with anyone and everyone across the company to build dashboards, extract insights and empower them with data
- Help the Redbox team with Event Tracking, segmentation, funnel analysis, KPIs, experiments.
- Explore data from all sides of the business and drive insights through modeling (Marketing attribution models, churn prediction, account health)
- Facilitate decisions on standards, frameworks & tools, build vs use, and best practices. We try and keep our data and tools simple, clean, readable, and consistent to maximize our time.
- Learn, teach, & share. With your fellow teammates and the world (blogs, open source, etc). It’s good for you, good for Crossmedia, and good for the world.
- A champion of quality, ensuring accuracy and reliability of data.
- A problem solver, not afraid to dive into a problem to understand root-causes.
- Communicative & empathetic. You are happy when helping others succeed.
- A confident communicator and someone who is able to manage client calls
- Constantly looking to learn, and improve how you work.
- Very high standards but practical, you know that perfect is the enemy of good.
- 1+ year of Software Engineering experience w/ a focus around Data products
- Domain Knowledge of Media Agencies and Marketing
- Experience with our tools: SQL, DBT, Python, BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS
- Experience with statistics, modeling, data visualizations
- Knowledge of & experience with where the data comes from and how it makes it through the pipeline into a query result or interface. You’ve worked 1st hand (or in close partnership with an engineer) with various data storage technologies, pipelines, ETL, and visualization systems at scale.
- A passion for delivering high-quality actionable insights.
- You contribute to an open-source project or library of any sort.
- You’ve excited about working in a media agency environment.
- Leadership experience. You’ve driven a project or led a team to a good outcome a few times, and the team would reflect positively on it.
- Casual work environment, fully funded healthcare options, open/flexible PTO, generous maternity/paternity leave, 401(k) with company match program.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.