Analyst - Business Intelligence and Analytics
- 275 7th Ave, New York, NY 10011, USA
Trust, Reason and the Pursuit of Happiness
Named Ad Age Best Places to Work 2020
Crossmedia is an award winning, communications planning and media services agency headquartered in NY. We service brands of a range of sizes within multiple industry verticals – from banking to retail to insurance to gaming to CPG. We are known as THE alternative in a very homogeneous media agency landscape and are regularly winning pitches against large holding group agencies. We are looking for a passionate, collaborative and adaptable individual to join our team as an Analyst on our data and analytics team.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE & ANALYTICS TEAM - Analyst
The analytics group provides resources across the “equity” to the “response” side of the continuum of brand and media management. The media analytics world is moving towards addressable 1:1 measurement based on an increasingly digitized environment and exposure identifiable at an individual level. We are passionate about the possibilities of media accountability within this evolving paradigm. We are also be acutely aware of the limitations and inaccuracies of the default measurement solutions in the industry, and want to push into potentially uncomfortable areas to challenge them. We employ multiple traditional and non-traditional methods and data sources to tackle challenges concerning consumer insights, brand equity, media attribution, media accountability, data dashboarding and advanced modeling.
As a member of the analytics team, you will work closely with the Senior Analysts, Supervisors and Directors in reviewing the team’s project briefs and Partnering with the New Business and Account Teams to help solve current and prospective client strategic problems. This is a significant responsibility as the agency looks to the Analytics group for much direction and strategic thinking.
- Enjoy the creative process of solving problems collaboratively
- Aren’t afraid to share your thoughts if there’s a different way to do something better
- Thrive in team settings and willing to compromise their point of view in support of others
- Very adaptable to fluid change and an entrepreneurial environment
- Don’t mind rolling your sleeves up for data cleansing, data visualization and analysis
- Are comfortable with frequently leading client presentations
- Can weave a story from thousands of data points
- Love collaborating with teams and multiple departments/agencies
- Have solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking agility
- Believe good thinking can come from anyone and any place
More specifics around what we are seeking:
- Collaborate with team in helping define media objectives, target customers & opportunity sizing, communication channels, optimal budget allocations and investment levels, media timing, and messaging.
- Translate clients’ business questions into an actionable data and research plan.
- Generate quantitative and qualitative consumer and market research including:
- Demographic, psychographic, and behavioral customer profiling
- Media channel coverage, penetration, receptivity
- Brand health deep dives
- Competitive analysis
- Category trends
- Conduct geo analysis of clients’ businesses. Which zip codes and neighborhoods should we run local advertising in? What is the customer profile in those zip codes?
- Transform raw data into engaging visuals and compelling stories. You will bring data and research to life for clients and choose the best visuals and mediums to deliver your message.
- Help develop and innovate on Crossmedia’s data and analytics offerings. Keep us on the cutting edge of data tools and technology.
- A BA (or advanced degree) in Statistics, Analytics, Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- 1 year of experience in the media/advertising industry.
- Experience with data visualization and common cloud platforms (Tableau, Datorama, Domo, etc.)
- Any familiarity using syndicated consumer research surveys (MRI, Simmons, YouGov, etc.) is helpful, as is exposure to media tools (Kantar, NMR, iSpot, Comscore, AdClarity, MOAT/DoubleVerify, Adobe SiteCatalyst/Google Analytics
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.