Senior Hardware Automation Engineer
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Department: Quality Assurance
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. We offer medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, as well as pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you!
Cricut is looking for a Hardware Automation Engineer capable of operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing, multi-platform international manufacturing and production environment. Our Manufacturing Test Automation Engineers manage and develop test plans and strategies across numerous platforms and architectures. They develop and automate tests for consumer electronics products using scripting while ensuring required specifications are met, including analyzing and recording data. They are expected to handle personal project management, execution, and ongoing hardware test support of all products in production as well as new product introductions.
As a Hardware Automation Engineer you will be responsible for defining and implementing manufacturing test strategy for new hardware devices. You will be a key member of the manufacturing Test Development Engineering team and will be the main interface with the Engineering teams, operations team as well as our Contract Manufacturers (CM). In this role, you will:
- Define test strategy, implement and optimize test setup/processes at the CM including design and qualification of test fixtures, test equipment and test software
- Drive test requirements, specifications and limits with the hardware development team
- Work concurrently with the design engineers to provide design for testability (DFT) feedback throughout the design process Investigate and troubleshoot yield issues during prototype and production builds
- Deploy and provide training for Manufacturing Tests and Test Stations at CM's for prototype builds
- Develop test station procedures, preventative maintenance plans and troubleshooting guides to support production Investigate and introduce new manufacturing test technology and methodology to enhance production efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field 5+ years of experience in manufacturing/operations of electronic devices
- Experience with defining, developing and implementing manufacturing test strategy for new products
- Experience with reviewing hardware designs to define test coverage to ensure products are built free of manufacturing defects
- Knowledge of electromechanical systems
- Self-starter, capable of working independently while making sound technical/business judgments and building strong cross functional relationships
- Experience with engineering drawings
- Experience in Mechanical design with CAD Knowledge of sensor application and limitations
- Knowledge of DC circuits Strong skills in root cause analysis and troubleshooting of electromechanical systems
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art test equipment, test fixture design, ATE equipment.
- Experience with production quality metrics such as Lean manufacturing
- Proven track record of releasing manufacturing test for at least two products from concept through production
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis six sigma tools such as GR&R, Cp/Cpk, SPC, DOE, correlation analysis, t-tests, confidence intervals, etc.
- Experience with Minitab or other statistical analysis software
- Experience with any of the following: mechanical parts, gears, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high-volume quality manufacturing engineering
- Experience with process and design failure mode effects analysis (DFMEA and PFMEA)
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL SKILLS TO HAVE:
- PCBA Test Design - functional test and ICT (In-Circuit)
- Understand Design for Testability, Design for Manufacturability Microcontroller programming: Arduino, C++, python Skills in 3D printing and rapid prototyping
What to Do Next:
Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut®, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.