Backend Software Engineer
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Software Engineering
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
We are looking for a driven, curious Engineer to join our Backend Services team. Working with advanced, sophisticated technology, you will actively collaborate across a diverse set of teams and backgrounds to create amazing, high-quality products and experiences for our members. You’ll contribute to building out high-scale services, with emphasis on performance and optimization, using the latest tools and techniques. You’ll work to identify areas of improvements in the code base and help contribute to make it better – your input matters! If you're the type of engineer who likes to be hands-on and has proven experience collaborating with team members to achieve a common goal, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop implementations of patterns to solve real world problems and provide guidance to implementation teams
- Lead discussions on architectural best practices, advise on cloud best practices
- Evangelize engineering principles internally and externally
- Finetune search clusters using technology like Elasticsearch
- Work with systems that run billions of transactions, and keep them updated and honest
- Expand and support our microservices
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ years related experience
- Proven experience in C#, .NET Framework and technology
- Experience with Cloud Native architectures and technologies, designing and implementing RESTful APIs, and architecting, developing and maintaining cloud-based web services (AWS preferred)
- Solid debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of agile quality and testing methods preferred (BDD, TDD, Unit Testing and Automation)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, and caching
- Experience in continuous delivery and integration
- Excited and experienced working with a team to achieve a common goal
- Actively listen to and support teammates, and embrace different ways of thinking
- Curious about emerging technologies; can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This position is contingent on successfully completing a Criminal Background Check upon hire. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume, cover letter (feel free to include links to your social presence). If you want to show your superpowers in other ways – include that information too. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information.