Site Reliability Engineer
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Software Engineering
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. We offer medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, as well as pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you!
Cricut® is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our Software Engineering team. The ideal candidate is an engineer that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. An SRE ensures that Cricut's services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.The SRE will collaborate with leadership to propel the Cricut® brand and our site reliability to the next level.
- SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems—we build our own creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. As SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
- SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and using pipeline tooling
- Experience working heavily within an AWS cloud environment (RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, S3)
- Experience coding and scripting in a scriptionn language (Python) and working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with production support issues, and how to remediate in a timely manner
- Strong familiarity with infrastructure as code (Cloudformation)
- Experience working with applications requiring compliance audits
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and desire to mentor junior team members
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Spinning up environments using AWS
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut®, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.