Senior Big Data Engineer
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Data
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. We offer medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, as well as pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you!
Cricut® is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Platform team supporting the future of AI/ML. The ideal candidate will design, build, and integrate data from various resources, and manage big data pipelines that are easily accessible with optimized performance of Cricut®'s big data ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data wrangler who will support our software developers, database architects and data analysts on business initiatives. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of cross-functional teams, systems and technical solutions.
Data Engineering Stack: Structure big data infrastructure in accordance with the current and future technology roadmap of Cricut. Develop, architect and implement core data engineering and data warehouse frameworks in support of key company data initiatives e.g. personalization, customer data platform
Data Quality & Governance: Design and build data quality monitoring framework to ensure data completeness and data integrity in data platform. Champion security and governance and ensure data engineering team adheres to all company guidelines
Data Integration: Lay down the solid foundation of Data integration of new data sources. Provide direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing, building & maintaining highly scalable, predictable, and modern data pipeline
- Partner with with front end team to design efficient Data Model
- Work closely with Business Intelligence and Data Science team to provide data platform as a Service
- Work with Data Science team to deploy ML models
Desired background / skills / mindset:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 5 + years of experience leading Modern Data platforms and solving business problems using data and advanced analytical methods
- Experience with Cloud data stack solutions such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Snowflake, DBT, Airflow, Stitch
- Experience writing production level code for data pipelines and real time applications, and contributing to a large code repository
- Significant experience working with structured and unstructured data at scale and comfort with a variety of different stores (key-value, document, columnar, etc.) as well as traditional RDBMSes and data warehouses.
- Strong experience building Data warehouse, Datamart and analytics solutions.
- Have strong experience in data modeling, mapping & analysis and design.
- Strong experience with relational and no-SQL Databases.
- Expertise in developing end-to-end data pipelines, from data collection, through data validation and transformation, to making the data available to processes and stakeholder
- Expertise in distributed data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark, Flink or Similar
- Expertise in OLAP databases such as Snowflake or Redshift
- Expertise in stream processing systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, Pulsar or Similar
- Organized and capable of managing multiple complex projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality, and comfortable working with dynamically evolving requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with all roles in the technology department, including technology management, product management, technical product owners, engineering and quality engineering.
- Experience in Agile project management methodologies.
- Provide and maintain staff engagement and motivation, becoming a role model for the team and contributing towards positive outcomes.
- Great communication skills, ability to work with senior management, business leads, analysts, product managers and lead strategic cross-company project
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership.
- Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
- A strong sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn. Clear and decisive thinker who thrives in working across global teams as an expert in dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo.
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
- Thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
What to Do Next:
Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut®, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.