SEC Reporting Manager/Director
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Finance/Accounting
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Cricut is looking to add an integral member to our Accounting Team, the SEC Reporting Manager. Reporting to the VP of Accounting, you will be responsible for all external and SEC financial reporting requirements for Cricut, such as the 10-Qs, S-8's and 10-Ks. You will also play a critical role in all technical accounting areas, including stock-based compensation, equity, as well as the implementation of new standards and other compliance matters. Success in this role requires both public accounting and industry experience, preferably with software as a service experience, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and file SEC Forms 3, 4, 5, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy, as applicable; review XBRL tagging of Cricut’s financial statements and footnotes
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with the US GAAP and SEC Reporting standards, including preparing financial statements and drafting disclosures for both annual and quarterly financial statements
- Review MD&A disclosures for both annual and quarterly financial statements
- Benchmark disclosures against industry peers' filings
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for significant accounts, such as stock-based compensation-related calculations and resulting journal entries, as needed
- Proactively identify, research, and draft technical memos on significant accounting pronouncements and interpret guidance on complex accounting matters, company transactions and initiatives.
- Assist managing the annual SOX planning process and the risk assessment meeting of internal controls over financial reporting; draft and/or formalize policies processes and controls
- Drive coordination with external auditor to perform quarterly reviews and annual financial statement audit, including collecting comments on the various drafts of reports.
- Handle all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Assist in implementing accounting software/SEC reporting software
- In partnership with accounting/finance personnel and other business leaders, build and enhance awareness of various accounting requirements.
- Contribute to research of new accounting guidance and exposure drafts, and analyze impacts
- Own special projects and support Corporate initiatives, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting
- CPA & Big 4 experience
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in a public accounting; software-as-a-service (SaaS) experience preferred
- Experience with US GAAP & SEC reporting
- Highly proficient with Excel and overall M/S Office proficiency
- Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and adept at handling complex issues
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines
- Experience growing a department, preferred but not required
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk and XBRL
- Experience with system implementations, preferred but not required
Success will require:
- Thorough understanding of the SEC Reporting process and timeline
- Proficiency in assigned areas including the accounting treatment of underlying transactions and how they impact the financial statements
- Establishing working relationships with stakeholders
- Being pro-active with attacking problems and identifying solutions, displaying initiative and openness to new ideas.
- Demonstrated history of successfully achieving goals, objectives, and high performance to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in analytical skills and ability to complete assignments with accuracy and attention to detail.
- High integrity, decisive work ethic and the passion to succeed
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written formats, as well as excellent listening skills.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This position is contingent on successfully completing a Criminal Background Check upon hire. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your superpowers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!