International Legal Operations Manager
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Human Resources/Legal
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Come help us herd cats! We are growing fast. The business is doing new things, and our teams need sound procurement and contracts guidance integrated into their decision-making processes. We need someone rooted in his/her understanding of the legal operations process who can creatively help address the issues that confront a growing U.S.-based tech company. Cricut’s legal department is looking for a high-performing Legal Operations Manager to join our Legal Operations Team to become the first legal team member located outside of the United States. Reporting to our Head of Legal Operations with a strong dotted line to our Associate General Counsel, come help grow and scale the legal team into new territories, assisting our international employees in their purchasing, contracts, and vendor management. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and integrity. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills, and a positive attitude.
- Procurement partnership with members of Cricut’s International Sales & Marketing Teams (“Business Sponsors”)
- Demand Determination – work with Business Sponsors to determine needs
- Requirement Determination – work with Business Sponsors to identify specifications, cross-functional dependencies, and budgeting needs
- Source Determination – work with Business Sponsors to research new or existing solutions, including assisting with the RFI process (as required)
- Due Diligence/Risk Management Assessment, including RFP process (as required)
- Assist Business Sponsors with vendor selection
- Administration of International New Vendor Set-up workflow in Contract Lifecycle Management System (CLM)
- First tier review of International purchase order requests
- Cradle to grave procurement assistance to Business Partners, including the purchase order request process
- Legal approval of International PO requests, as requested
- Provide fly-by assistance to cross-functional departments
Contract Management & Administrative Assistance
- Follow prescribed Contract Playbook
- First tier review of Procurement Contract Review Requests
- Generate contracts using Gold Standard Templates
- Import legacy contracts and supporting documentation into company’s document repository and CLM systems
- Coordinate contract and document signatures using company’s preferred electronic signature software
- Storing and meta-tagging of new contracts and agreements in the company’s document repository and CLM systems
- Calendaring of contract renewal dates, auto-renewal notification dates, and other key milestones
- Monitoring of key milestones, contractual obligations, material contracts and other key metrics
- Provide guidance to Business Sponsors on contractual requirements/obligations and ensure requirements/obligations are fulfilled
- Monitoring and follow-up on contract auto-renewals and expirations
- Reports for contract sponsors and management, as requested
- Provide fly-by assistance to cross-functional departments
- Training new International employees on existing Legal processes
- Training all International employees on new Legal processes
- Project/operations assistance, as needed
- As requested, conduct legal research related to International contract laws and regulations
- Review and monitor new legislation/regulations affecting the company’s International expansion, product development and pricing, processes and the like
- As requested, assist with the filing and management of International business entity documents
- Don’t be a jerk. Be competent. Be unquestionably ethical. Have a sense of humor. Have humility. Work hard.
- Be able to act as an “interpreter” from legalese to words that normal (but smart) business people understand
- Process complex, significant matters that cut across legal and business functions and be able to render an informed view to the Team in short order
Required skills and experience:
- Fluent in English, including reading, writing, and contract negotiation
- Fluency in additional languages a plus
- 3-7 years of experience with Procurement or Contracts Management in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) with strong academic record
- Previous experience with an International Tech Company a plus
- Previous financial and project/operations management experience a plus
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible, handle multiple tasks, and to track and follow up on projects
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English required, see above) while working collaboratively in a team environment with all levels of the company
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations, and take initiative where appropriate
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with a contract management system (e.g., SAP CLM, Apttus, Conga, or the like)
- Experience with electronic signature software (e.g., Docusign, EchoSign)
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company
- Courteous, flexible, highly organized, competent, and reliable and proactive and uses independent judgment
- Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders – legal and contracts colleagues, management, customers, and others
- Must manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
- A good sense of humor and willingness to assist others no matter how small the task
At Cricut, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume, cover letter (feel free to include links to your social presence). If you want to show your superpowers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information.