Firmware QA Engineer opening for Masters Graduates in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Department: Quality Assurance
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Cricut is seeking electrical/electronics engineering graduates for our Firmware QA Engineer opening. Responsible for testing and qualifying Firmware and Hardware for product releases. You will be responsible for testing Firmware for the new and existing hardware products and communicating with development teams. You should be able to represent QA concerns in cross-functional team meetings and provide valuable end-user feedback to improve the customer experience.
This position requires good understanding of firmware, hardware, software and strong written and organizational skills.
The successful candidate should be able to develop and execute an organized test plan to release high quality products to market on schedule.
- Good understanding of Firmware, Hardware and Software
- Good knowledge of USB, Bluetooth and other communication protocols
- Experience in Microcontrollers, DC Motors (Steppers and Servos), Motor Drivers
- Good understanding of Flash and Ram memory structures feedback control systems, sensing systems or electronics troubleshooting
- Good working knowledge on Windows and Mac operating systems
- Good OS level troubleshooting experience and understanding of how devices and device drivers are managed
- Experience in Python, Java, C/C++ and/or bytecode complied languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good to have:
- Experience in testing or developing Firmware, Hardware or Software
- Experience in Testing and Qualifying Consumer Electronics Products
- Experience in testing state machines
- Understanding of Device driver, INF files, HLK and HCK systems
- This position requires a Masters degree in Electrical/Electronics engineering or higher.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut®, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Candidates must pass a background check and reference check.