Team Lead, UX Design
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Department: Design
Our mission is to help people lead creative lives. At Cricut®, we believe that we are all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools. Who are we? A bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. We value, hard work, getting things done and having fun while we do it. The Cricut team is dynamic, diverse, and inclusive, join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Perks & Culture
Our team is AMAZING, we cannot wait for you to meet everyone. Our cultural mantras and values are not just a poster on the wall. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something that is bigger than ourselves. Cricut’s growth will not be stopped, upon joining Cricut you will be welcomed into a global community with coworkers located in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America (just to name a few.) We train, develop, and celebrate great work; not to mention we throw an unbelievable water balloon fight and a Halloween party that will leave you planning your costume for next year all year long.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, paid Parental Leave, life insurance, wellness incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts.
Want to work on something challenging? Fancy your hand at solving connected hardware and software problems? Trying to find somewhere that values design as highly as you do? Eager to be involved in the early days of something amazing?
As a team leader within the UX team at Cricut, you’ll lead the creation of thoughtful and compelling user experiences to elevate the brand and introduce Cricut to a wider audience. You’ll provide design thought leadership and work on complex and interesting UX projects spanning multiple platforms including content delivery, hardware, and mobile and desktop software. You’ll be both a hands-on contributor and a leader / mentor of a small interdisciplinary team, committed to creating industry-leading experiences for some of the most engaged user groups you’ll ever encounter. Put aside your assumptions and drop us a line…this opportunity is not to be missed.
- Lead by example (roll up your sleeves) as well as mentor a small team of UX product designers in designing software applications for both desktop and mobile devices across a range of operating systems.
- Ensure systems thinking is brought to bear to create cohesive and delightful experiences that span hardware, software and content.
- Reinforce a learning mindset: Participate in user research, advocate for our users at every step of the way, and leverage findings artfully to continuously improve designs.
- Bring a keen understanding of our users’ motivations, goals and needs to help define new features, functions and products.
- Influence, challenge, extend and evolve our UX design language to craft elegant and consistent design experiences.
- Foster successful collaboration with hardware and software product managers, industrial designers, software developers and hardware engineers to drive solutions through to completion.
- Help evolve our design processes and deliverables to best meet the needs of a growing organization, as well as increase efficiency within the UX group.
- Capture ideas and solutions in varying levels of fidelity, as the situation warrants – from whiteboard sketches to flow charts to interactive prototypes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), interaction design, graphic design, industrial design, information science, computer science or a related field. Graduate degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of work experience designing web and mobile applications and applying user-centered techniques.
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and inspiring other product designers in their craft.
- Proven track record of successful product releases in which you guided a team through a user-centered product design process.
- Ability to grasp product requirements and scope design work accordingly, with careful attention to detail.
- Strong ability to collaborate with teams across varying disciplines (hardware engineering, software development, marketing, etc.) to create a holistic product experience.
- Passion for innovation and a “can do” attitude.
- Keen attention to detail and systems thinking.
- Thoughtful and well-presented portfolio of UX design solutions
- Ability to interpret and act on design feedback from both collaborators and stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate solutions, design rationale and process to colleagues in different disciplines and stakeholders.
- Ability to discuss high level concepts and detailed design with equal fluency.
- Well-versed in applying quantitative data and a wide range of qualitative user insight techniques to drive prototypes and decision making.
- Demonstrated eye for visual design
- A strong grasp of current UI/UX trends and platforms (e.g., iOS and Material Design guidelines).
- Hands-on experience with design software such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Zeplin.
- Experience designing for combined hardware and software interaction, community features and/or data-driven experiences are a plus.
- Equal Opportunity: Cricut is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and members. Applicants will be considered based on their qualifications and without regards to age, race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, protected veteran states, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.
ADA: If you require reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process please do not hesitate to reach out to Cricut HR or your assigned recruiter.