Executive Creative Director
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Department: Creative Development
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
We are looking for an experienced creative leader to lead our brand creative team and help us build a world-class brand experience that connects with our passionate community of makers. You will collaborate closely with the heads of Design, Product, Marketing, Channel, and Ecommerce to understand develop creative strategies, plans, and execution that meet both brand and business goals, and define and execute a vision for the brand moving forward. This position reports to the EVP of Product and Brand.
· Lead all brand creative development for Cricut, including website, packaging, email, retail, advertising, and events.
· Build, lead, manage, and mentor a creative team including:
o Brand Strategy
o Digital design
o Graphic design
o Project management/Producers
o Project design
o Video production
· Collaborate closely with product, marketing, and sales to fully understand creative scope and needs
· Structure creative processes to achieve the best balance of impact, quality, and productivity, including which processes to insource vs outsource.
· Build and grow a high performance team that executes to the quality of top consumer brands (Apple, Nest, etc)
- Deep passion for design and the experience of crafting or making things
- Fit with a culture focused on team success through shared values of teamwork, candor, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to apply sound judgement to business and brand needs, thinking of creative as a system, rather than as individual pieces of execution
- Experience as a creative director or in a similar creative role
- Exceptional portfolio, demonstrating creative work executed to a very high level of impact and refinement
- Hand-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development
- Brand or digital agency experience
- Expert in essential design applications including Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, etc.
- Ability to do outstanding hands-on design in addition to directing creative teams
- Outstanding leadership and organization skills – balancing excitement and energy with the ability to maintain an even keel
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume, cover letter and include links to your portfolio or other social presence. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information.
This position is contingent on successfully completing a Criminal Background Check upon hire. Cricut participates in E-Verify.