Head of E-Commerce and DTC Technology
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Department: Marketing
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Are you ready to lead and scale the Direct-To-Consumer technical platforms of one of the greatest creative technology company in the world?
As the Head of E-Commerce and DTC Technology you will be in charge of the overall technology strategy, platform engineering and day to day operation of the systems powering our Direct-To-Consumer business. Working closely with the E-Com Product, Digital Marketing, Operations leaders, you and your team will translate aggressive business goals and product requirements into highly scalable and reliable front-end and back-end engineering solutions. Our fast-growing DTC business is a key pillar of our user acquisition and monetization strategy, and its infrastructure intersects numerous systems across the company. As an accomplished driver of large-scale Enterprise systems, you will effectively motivate, challenge, and align teams across the organization and key vendors to execute and support the DTC operations end-to-end. This position reports to the Executive Vice President of E-Commerce and DTC.
We are looking for an exceptional technology and engineering leader with an intense passion for E-Commerce architectures and innovation, and a track record of building, leading and aligning teams that deliver results in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
- Develop and implement the strategy and technology roadmap that meet DTC’s future business growth and optimization goals
- Lead and grow the development teams responsible for E-Commerce features and front-end UX, Subscription products, CRM system, Payment platforms and international deployments.
- Partner with DTC Business, Product and Marketing leadership to establish priorities and drive trade-off discussions for new features, UX improvements, infrastructure scalability, and geographical expansion.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to drive cross-functional alignment and execution with functions supporting the end-to-end DTC customers experiences and operations, including Platform Engineering, QA, UX, IT, Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, Member Care
- Create a highly productive, collaborative work environment by developing a shared vision, setting clear objectives, facilitating teamwork, recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, encouraging risk tolerance, and maintaining open communications.
- Implement methodologies and processes to ensure E-Commerce project deliverables meet Experience, Schedule and Cost goals.
- Manage E-commerce software development KPI's, develop and maintain E-commerce SLA's and scalability metrics, technology standards, and create reporting dashboard for senior leadership team.
- Manage critical vendors relationships and partnerships, and hold third-party providers accountable for their results and the related protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- 15+ years of experience in E-Commerce and related Enterprise and Logistics systems
- 8+ years of professional experience building and leading high-performing engineering teams in a fast-growing and global organization
- Breadth of familiarity with end-to-end E-Commerce systems integration, and highly desired prior experience with Magento, Selligent, AWS and platform migration projects.
- Demonstrable expertise with delivering outstanding digital consumer experiences, with frequent release cycles, which directly impact a company meeting its business goals
- Proven experience scaling a platform to support 100M+ transactions, large SKU count, a mix of physical and digital products, and integrations with Enterprise and Logistics systems
- Ability to articulate a strong vision and inspire and influence others in achieving this vision. Strong business sense and demonstrated ability to use good judgment to identify and solve problems and lead an organization through change.
- Demonstrated maturity to partner with and influence executive leadership not only related to ECommerce software development, but on a myriad of strategic and technical matters impacting the company operations.
- Expert understanding of OPEX and CAPEX budget development and management
- Proven analytical skills, able to make sound decisions with ambiguous information.
- Ability to think creatively, improve existing processes, and create new processes from conception through implementation.
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Strong interpersonal skills and lateral leadership to work cross-functionally and effectively interact with many different stakeholders to resolve complex issues.
- Strong technology leadership, strategy, and operational experience.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume, cover letter and include links to your portfolio or other social presence. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This position is contingent on successfully completing a Criminal Background Check upon hire. Cricut participates in E-Verify.