- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
- Department: Creative Development
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
You’ll work closely with the sales and marketing teams – as well as other copywriters – to brainstorm, concept, write, edit, re-edit, and produce everything from customer emails to product marketing copy to banner ads to web content and more. Excellent verbal skills, high output, and attention to detail are absolute musts. Strategic ideas and new ways of problem solving are encouraged and welcomed. Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style as well as any SEO savvy would be considered a big plus. And you should probably know that respect for the Oxford comma is non-negotiable around here, so it’s best if you’re enthusiastically on board with it, too.
Working at Cricut combines the excitement and feel of a startup with the recognition and capabilities of a well-known DIY craft brand. You’ll love the casual, creative environment; competitive benefits; and the chance to get hands-on with exciting products and projects. And if you’re into crafting or making things, well, that’s just an obvious huge win, right?
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of experience in Marketing/Advertising copy
- A love for language and a great portfolio with solid, smart, creative work
- Creativity, imagination, and good humor
- Self-sufficiency, motivation, and the ability to juggle several projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills that result in a clear, concise, consistent copy
- Ability to adapt to different writing styles (long and short form) for different media (print, online, etc.)
- Working knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style or willingness to achieve it
- Passion for collaboration
- Experience working and collaborating with a creative team, including other writers
- Obsessive eye for detail and accuracy (though without being a jerk about it)
- Experience in email marketing, e-commerce, and consumer packaging a plus
- SEO experience a plus.
What to Do Next: Please send us a resume, portfolio of writing samples and a cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Insta, GitHub or fan pages made because of you). If you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!