Senior iOS Mobile Engineer
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Software Engineering
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. We offer medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, as well as pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you!
Cricut is looking for a talented Senior iOS Mobile Engineer to help us take our iOS native apps to the next level. The position demands a candidate capable of doing high-quality work against technical and schedule challenges, while following strong software design and process principles. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a dynamic team, working on cutting edge mobile technology. You are a driver of change and you have yet to meet a technology challenge you cannot resolve. You are dedicated to developing clean code that will help shape the iOS mobile software which thrills our users.
- Work collaboratively with fellow department members, project managers, test engineers, and designers to develop and maintain Cricut iOS applications as well as “Proof of Concepts” and “Prototypes”
- Contribute to high quality mobile app design and architecture
- Apply software engineering design patterns to develop well-structured, modular, performant application code
- Serve as a technical mentor in mobile app development
- Perform code reviews, write unit and UI tests, and contribute to architectural planning and refactoring
- Collaborate with API teams on API design
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field with 5+ years relevant experience
- Extensive experience developing iOS mobile native applications in Swift/SwiftUI
- Solid understanding of the full iOS mobile development life cycle
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles and best practices
- Experience with at least one of these design architectures: MVVM, MVC, VIPER, Clean (Onion Architecture)
- Expert in UI layouts and creating adaptive layouts for various hardware configurations
- Experience writing custom views and controls
- Experience consuming RESTful JSON/XML web services
- Experience in testing high volume applications: unit test, integration test, performance test
- Experience using external commercial and open source libraries
- Experience with Git and GitFlow
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Portfolio of apps that you’ve built; ideally available in the App Store
- Ability to prototype new features and redesign existing ones
- Excellent problem solving, debugging skills, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Aptitude and desire to independently learn new technologies
- Experience in Core Animation, Core Graphics, Core Bluetooth (Classic, BLE)
- Experience in automated user interface functional testing
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring junior members
- Experience with iOS performance profiling tools and optimization techniques
- Experience with Open API standard (Swagger)
- Experience with push notifications
- Working knowledge of Internationalization
- Proficient in Objective-C
- Proficient in C, C++
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery (e.g. Bitrise)
- Experience releasing app to TestFlight and the App Store
- Experience with Google Firebase Analytics and Crashlytics
- Experience in developing Android mobile native applications in Kotlin/Java
Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut®, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.