Entry Level Electrical Engineer
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Department: Hardware Engineering
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to facilitate the rapid development, prototyping, and debugging of our products. Contributions to product definition and development methodology are also required.
- Design and development of mixed analog & digital circuits for new products.
- Design motor control circuits for both stepper and servo motors, solenoids, sensors, etc.
- Develop hardware interfaces for USB, Bluetooth, and wireless communications
- Specify and select microcontrollers and other board level components.
- Develop the PCB schematic and board layout for multi-layer boards
- Develop ICT and FCT test plans
- Ensure products pass EMI testing per FCC and CE requirements
- Meet applicable UL and CE safety standards
- Oversee start of production on electrical systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in digital/analog board design
- Experience with consumer electronics, especially electro-mechanical devices
- Systematic design process
- Experience with board-level debug & bring-up
- Experience with Bluetooth and WiFi systems
- Familiar with rechargeable battery circuit design and safety
- Proficient in C/C++
- Proficiency at solving problems in a timely manner
- Ability to define critical project criteria to ensure completion
- Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient in use of Multi-meter, O-Scope and other troubleshooting devices
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut®, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Candidates must pass a background check and reference check.