- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Department: Hardware Engineering
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Develop mechanical designs for new and existing products by applying engineering and fabrication principals to industrial designs for the consumer market in accordance with business needs and the product road map.
- Develop concepts and ideas for new products or methods to improve existing products.
- Design mechanisms, sheet metal, plastic housings and components in support of new products
- Develop cost estimates based on product concepts or designs
- Use engineering principals to develop the structural design of products incorporating mechanical and electrical subsystems to meet industrial design, marketing, and customer requirements to meet project schedules.
- Specify materials and components in designs
- Manage multiple design projects at once. Work independently with little or no direction. Keep management informed and apprised of design. Work with other functional groups (marketing, sales, customer service, etc.) within the company to develop and evaluate designs that meet customer needs.
- Present and participate in design reviews and update designs as required.
- Develop schedules for design and product development processes
- Investigate product failures and causes of faulty operation and make recommendations for corrective actions to resolve the issue.
- Keep appraised of the customer experience related to company products.
- Work with design and/or manufacturing partners to ensure manufacturability and smooth product ramps leading up to production.
- Perform testing of designs to prove functionality and reliability.
- Generate design specifications and drawings for external design and manufacturing activities.
- Apply statistical methods such as process capability studies and DOE’s in the development and improvement of products.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
5+ Years of applicable experience
Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities
- Experience designing consumer based products, electro-mechanical devices, medical devices or similar.
- Highly desired to be proficient in the use of ProE. Solidworks candidates will be considered
- Interest in and an aptitude for robotics, kinematics, dynamics, mechatronics, mechanism design, etc.
- Use of feature based design principles in 3D modeling
- Experienced in injection molded plastics design, tooling best practices and process tuning.
- Familiar with sheet metal design and fabrication processes
- Familiar with rapid prototype techniques and processes
- Familiarity with GD&T techniques
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!