Firmware Engineer - Product Development
- South Jordan, UT, USA
- Department: Hardware Engineering
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to facilitate the rapid development, prototyping, and debugging of firmware for embedded electromechanical systems, software test tools, and manufacturing support software. Additional responsibilities include code architecture definition, revision control and bug tracking. The creation and review of documentation are additional key responsibilities. Contributions to product definition and development methodology are also required.
- Embedded firmware code development, testing, and optimization
- In-Depth microcontroller programming including development of bootloader code and board bring up.
- Develop precision motion control systems including modeling of dynamic and kinematic systems and implementation of control theory in FW.
- Develop visions systems and sensors for registration of materials and images.
- Analyzing and developing firmware, along with integrating existing products with each other
- Provide tools and support for engineering prototyping efforts
- Support firmware update testing and deployment
- Debugging low level hardware interfaces (USB, UART, PWM, GPIO, etc).
- Development of internal software tools to support testing
- Provide customer technical support as needed
- Multi-platform code development
- Creation and review of documentation
- Manage firmware revision control
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science degrees with an emphasis on robotics or control theory related to dynamic systems.
- At least 3+ years experience with embedded software development
- Ability to read and interpret circuit schematic diagrams.
- Ability to design electrical control circuits a plus.
- Strong hardware and software/firmware development skills
- Experience with Device Drivers (Linux, Windows, Mac OS)
- Proficient in C/C++
- Experience with mechanical actuators (motors, solenoids, etc.).
- Knowledge of techniques required to produce robust, fast, and secure code.
- Experience with SW security and encryption techniques
- Proficiency at solving problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
What to Do Next: Please send a resume and a cover letter describing why you are the best person for this position. You can be sure Cricut is an employer who values individuality and variety. Write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!