- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
- Department: Creative Development
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
The Senior Designer role is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in defining and shaping the Cricut® brand. We are looking for an extremely talented individual to create and produce outstanding and innovative creative with high quality execution for brand and marketing programs. Together with Art Directors and writers, the Senior Designer is responsible for successfully developing and executing a creative vision for front-end design of website, mobile, and other digital and print design assets, packaging design, and retail POS and experience design. As a member of the Visual Design team, you will work with stakeholders from Design, Product Marketing, Channel Marketing, Social Media, Product and Software Development teams. This position reports to the Art Director.
- Provide strong conceptual, strategic, and innovative thinking & creative problem solving
- Consistently create and execute innovative, impactful, and unique design solutions
- Develop and communicate design rationale and design details both verbally and visually
- Illustrate impeccable design acumen at all times, including excellent typography skills & knowledge
- Collaborate with other creative team members and internal partners
- Take ownership and initiative in leading projects with a proactive mindset
- Present creative to clients with authority, expertise, and strong presentation skills
- Design strategically toward specific audience segments
- Ensure brand consistency in all creative efforts
- Maintain strong understanding of current technologies, including interactive and mobile platform capabilities, and design industry best practices
- Keep abreast of the industry landscape and other cool, relevant design related work & activities
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity
- Proven attention to detail and commitment to delivering excellent work, every time
- Strong decision-making skills
- Thrives in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple priority projects simultaneously and consistently maintain on-time deliverables
- Ability to lead projects and navigate project complexities on your won
- Ability to develop and extend brand criteria across multiple platforms with a strong sense of systems, with an emphasis on packaging and campaigns
- Works quickly & efficiently and displays organizational skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and capacity to explore multiple design concepts with ability and drive to go above and beyond what is asked for
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills, can demonstrate integrity, maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges; is a team player
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships and influence change
- Flexible and open to feedback with ability to provide constructive criticism and mentorship to others
- Inspires peers to consistently strive for excellence in their work
- Brings a positive and enthusiastic attitude in all endeavors
- Stellar portfolio showcasing exceptional innovative design solutions
- Minimum 5-8 years experience as a designer; agency experience a plus
- Excellent technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience designing for consumer products and retail a plus
NOTE: Applications will not be considered without a portfolio.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This position is contingent on successfully completing a Criminal Background Check upon hire. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your superpowers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!