Public Relations Manager
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
- Department: Marketing
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry.
How does this sound?
The Public Relations Manager will dive into a variety of topics to execute with maximum impact. In order to find success a "can-do" attitude and experience is a must.
With a passion for our industry and an appetite to learn, it will be monumental to "be proud, but stay hungry." The Public Relations Manager also gets to be creative, and have the opportunity to travel in this role.
Someone that loves a fast-paced, passionate and creative environment will thrive.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Oversee Cricut® ’s corporate PR editorial calendar for seasonal, product and sales-focused pitch moments
- Manage Cricut® ’s external agency team on all pitches and media engagements (e.g., expanding into new national media markets like San Francisco and Los Angeles)
- Support external PR agency on new media and PR/influencer acquisition
- Build and sustain 10+ top tier relationships in-house to drive top stories for Cricut
- Bring in and manage new advertorial opportunities for Cricut through publisher relationships
- Expand Cricut® ’s trade media program with direct outreach and pitches
- Support product launch efforts related to national media placements
- Write first drafts of communication documents: press releases/news-focused blog posts; support development of a Cricut® news platform geared toward media awareness
- Research industry trends and media opportunities and present to marketing team
- Track PR budget and report back to Marketing team
- Maintain product requests program for the PR team
- College degree: major in communications, journalism, public relations or business preferred
- Excellent writing skills (please provide examples)
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Proven track record of working with national lifestyle media
- 5+ years of experience in an agency or brand working with press
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other basic computer applications
- Experience with social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Proficient in WordPress or other online blog platforms (preferred)
- Willingness to travel 1-2x per quarter
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Proven track record of positivity in a work environment
What to Do Next: Attach your resume. You can be sure Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so please submit any online presence you may have - Twitter, Facebook, Insta, Portfolio, Fan pages made because of you, etc. If you are a DIY enthusiast, we would love to hear/see your creativity.