EMEA Sales Support - UK Based
- UK, Belgium, Netherlands or Germany, Any Town, England
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut® is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut®” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and card stock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather.
Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
As a Sales Support team member, you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with Retail Account Managers, Buyers and Planners to fulfill product orders and product placement within the retail landscape. You will promote win-win relationships with the most extraordinary domestic and international retail partners in the DIY craft industry.
- First and foremost – be a positive and upbeat force in the organization.
- Second – don’t be a jerk and have fun. Be professional but have a sense of humor too.
- Be the ultimate “multi-tasker” – in a half hour period you will receive requests for retail product order fulfillment, shipping inquiries, operations related issues all while managing seamless product deliveries.
- Be a little bit OCD – but just a little …. high functioning OCD. You’ll need to support new customer onboarding by creating retail SKUs, be uber-organized and provide supplemental product information, new customer information and keeping cross-functional Cricut teams informed.
- Be Good at Relationship Building. You’ll be collaborating with Account Managers, Channel Marketing Managers and Retail Partners to coordinate new display product launches, retail set designs and shipping product samples. You’ll be working with Sales in the UK and EMEA and various functional teams at the US HQ.
- Participate in product launches and product meetings to drive retail timelines.
- Be patient. You will be a problem solver for internal and external partners.
- Be willing to do what needs to be done. We need a self-starter, full of energy and commitment, who can roll their sleeves up and get things done.
- We promise you won’t be bored. You’ll interact with a dynamic group of people every day and work at a place that is growing and doing cool things. Given our growth, there should be lots of scope for personal and career progression.
- Experience in a similar sales environment, supporting teams to deliver to customer commitments.
- Experience of working with International customers and partners, and US HQ a plus. A foreign language would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing product forecasts, price lists, customer logistics and deliveries, product launch planning, samples management and budgets.
- Retail plan-o-gram experience
- Ability to find direction among chaos and multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office apps
- Pro-active, problem-solving nature
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-performing team.
- Be an enthusiastic, eternal optimist and do not accept “no” as your final answer
- Cultural fit: Energetic, self-starter. Gets stuff done without being a jerk. Is a player, not a victim. Acts like an owner.
The role reports to the Country Director, UK, with close ties to the VP EMEA. Given the fast growth of the Cricut® brand, career advancement prospects are significant.
UK-based but EMEA responsibilities. Based from to-be-opened UK office, West or North of M25.
What to Do Next: Please send a resume and a cover letter describing why you are the best person for this position. You can be sure Cricut is an employer who values individuality and variety. Write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!