Paralegal - Intellectual Property/Business Development
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Do you yearn to learn? Do you love adding trademark symbols to everything everywhere? Cricut is looking for a smart self-starter with experience in the intellectual property landscape and interested in learning business development as well. You will assist in protecting Cricut’s growing intellectual property portfolio, enforcing IP rights, reviewing agreements and researching cutting edge topics supporting out IP Attorney and Director of Business Development.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Be interested and passionate about protecting the company’s intellectual property (copyright registrations, patent and trademark searches and filings)
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with positivity and professionalism, and a sense of humor
- Be willing to play detective in uncovering malfeasance through regular online monitoring
- Have an eye for detail in reviewing and completing contracts for independent contractors, artists and designers
- Draft scintillating memoranda regarding legal issues involving the company
- Efficiently perform legal research assignments
- Be curious about best industry practices and legal developments
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Positive demeanor with strong organizational skills.
- Legal search methodologies and enforcement protocols.
- Working knowledge of copyrights, and trademarks, and other IP matters.
- Superior analytical and communication skills with ability to change communication style based on need.
What to Do Next: Please attach a resume and a cover letter telling us why you are the ideal IP Paralegal for Cricut. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace who values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!