Regional Marketing Leader - AUS
- Melbourne Pl, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather.
Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
We’ve experienced 50%+ growth over the last several years in the US, and now are working to aggressively expand our business in Australia. The Regional Marketing Leader will be responsible for driving growth and marketing effectiveness in Australia, and will represent the Cricut brand to retailers, distribution partners and consumers. This person will develop marketing plans and distribution strategies for the region and execute all of the activities necessary for success.
This will be the first Cricut role in the country and will help pave the way for building a dynamic team there in the future! The role will report to the Channel Marketing Director and will work with an extensive team at the home office to make things happen in Australia. Our products are currently offered by Spotlight stores, as well as some online retailers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing marketing plans and distribution strategies for the region to reach annual growth targets
- Working closely with the US team to understand product/marketing plans and schedules, and translating those to timelines and plans for Australia
- Execute plans to drive growth in the region, which may include:
- Presenting Cricut products and marketing plans to retail/distribution clients
- Working with the Account Manager on retail merchandising and promotional plans
- Organizing and coordinating training for distributors, partners and retailers
- Organizing and coordinating consumer demos/workshops, training and supporting bloggers/influencers
- Working with marketing/PR agencies to plan and execute marketing/advertising/PR activities
- Preparing product promotion resources; highlight product features and benefits, use and application with respect to sales, marketing and competitor comparison
- Regularly report on all regional activities and results
- Research market/consumer trends and insights, and using those to inform marketing and product plans
- Maintain knowledge of all Cricut products and services
- Travel to the US 3-4 times/year
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in marketing, brand and/or sales roles, preferably with consumer products sold in a retail environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to get projects executed successfully
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where processes are still evolving
- Ideally have worked for an international company and understand the dynamics that this relationship brings
- Positive demeanor, strong organizational skills and proven ability to work with many diverse personalities
- Superior analytical and communication skills with ability to change communication style based on need
What to Do Next: Please attach a resume and a cover letter telling us why you are the ideal Cricut Regional Marketing Lead in Australia for Cricut. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace who values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!