Front End Software Developer
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
- Utilize PHP to create/update Drupal and WordPress templates
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment to rapidly iterate and prototype digital products.
- Testing and troubleshooting across multi-platform browsers and email clients
- Translate visual designs into beautiful cross-browser compatible web pages and emails
- Optimize web graphics to ensure maximum download speed while maintaining high visual quality
- Must understand the creativity needed in both coding and design, and how it can be used to further enhance the user's experience.
- Coding skill set should allow completion of projects quickly and efficiently, while maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Proficient in cross-platform, cross-browser issues, HTML problem solving, and have a good working knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Investigate and fix front-end website bugs
- Follow brand standards and web style guides to ensure brand maintains their unique visual identity
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager
- Have a good understanding of the mobile-first methodology, and how to execute it
- 2+ years front end design and development experience
- Drupal and WordPress theme creation and maintenance
- CSS Pre-processor (Sass, Less)
- Understanding of CSS grid framework such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Email coding, and the differences between email and web
- Understanding of email testing tools (Litmus, Email on Acid, etc.)
- Git, SourceTree, Stash
- Experience with front-end pattern libraries (patternlab.io, patternslib.com, etc.)
- Experience with email campaigns and Email service providers
- Experience with web graphic optimization techniques
- Ability to multi-task meet deadlines in fast pace environment
- Work well in a close team environment
- Collaborate with others to solve problems as they come up, even on a tight timeline
- Able to look at a webpage and understand how it will translate on mobile devices
- Must have a strong portfolio that exemplifies a broad range of web experience and working on site design and coding
- Team player; works well in collaborative projects environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and keep track of details.
What to Do Next: Please send a resume and a link to your Github account. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!