Marketing Automation Specialist
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
The Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution and reporting of Email deployments Marketing programs in support of team objectives. The Marketing Automation Specialist has the primary responsibility of working with the Marketing team on production of HTML Email campaigns, carrying out development, implementation, QA, and deployment. This includes ownership of the email deployment system setup, quality control, and periodic review of reoccurring and triggered email communications, as well as setup and maintenance of various target lists for each audience. Additionally, this individual maintains a current understanding of Email Marketing best practices (layout and development) and applies them to the execution of our email campaigns in collaboration with various cross-functional stakeholders. The ideal candidate has strong programming talent; a background in CSS, HTML and web platforms; is highly organized, task-and-detail-oriented, motivated, articulate, flexible, and capable of working under pressure.
- Collaborate with members of the Marketing team to manage, create and deploy campaigns by executing tasks related to audience segmentation, email development, email scheduling and email sending.
- Coding HTML and CSS from Photoshop mock-ups, for email templates.
- Test emails across multiple email client and browser configurations and identifying any issues.
- Use initiative to research, troubleshoot, and develop HTML and revised code to solve challenges, integrate with internal tools, and render emails properly across multiple email clients, browsers, and mobile devices.
- Manage subscriber data, import and segment using a combination of tools and database queries.
- Schedule deployments in the preferred platform.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews and other activities to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of deployments.
- Monitor the campaign post-deployment to validate completion.
- Develop robust campaign documentation, including specific work instructions.
- Hands-on experience with creating and developing emails with marketing automation tools (ex. Adobe, Exact Target, Selligent, Listrak).
- BA/BS in Web Design and Development, Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications or related field; or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in email campaign building and list selection.
- 2+ years experience in email coding with strong knowledge of hand-coding HTML and CSS.
- Previous experience using any “Tier 1” Email deployment platform.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients with a strong sense of web design and user experence fundamentals.
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Previous experience in CRM, loyalty, acquisition marketing, and lead management is a plus
What to Do Next: Please send a resume. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!