Public Relations Manager
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut® is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut®” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather.
Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
An ideal Public Relations Manager candidate for Cricut® has a can-do attitude and will dive into a variety of topics to execute with maximum impact. You must have a passion for our industry and an appetite to learn and be creative. You will also have the opportunity to travel in this role. If you are someone that loves a fast-paced, passionate and creative environment, then this is a great role for you.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Oversee Cricut® ’s corporate PR editorial calendar for seasonal, product and sales-focused pitch moments
- Manage Cricut® ’s external agency team on all pitches and media engagements (e.g., expanding into new national media markets like San Francisco and Los Angeles)
- Support external PR agency on new media and PR/influencer acquisition
- Build and sustain 10+ top tier relationships in-house to drive top stories for Cricut
- Bring in and manage new advertorial opportunities for Cricut through publisher relationships
- Expand Cricut® ’s trade media program with direct outreach and pitches
- Support product launch efforts related to national media placements
- Write first drafts of communication documents: press releases/news-focused blog posts; support development of a Cricut® news platform geared toward media awareness
- Research industry trends and media opportunities and present to marketing team
- Track PR budget and report back to Marketing team
- Maintain product requests program for the PR team
- College degree: major in communications, journalism, public relations or business preferred
- Excellent writing skills (please provide examples)
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Proven track record of working with national lifestyle media
- 5+ years of experience in an agency or brand working with press
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other basic computer applications
- Experience with social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Proficient in WordPress or other online blog platforms (preferred)
- Willingness to travel 1-2x per quarter
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Proven track record of positivity in a work environment
What to Do Next: Attach your resume. You can be sure Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so please submit any online presence you may have - Twitter, Facebook, Insta, Portfolio, Fan pages made because of you, etc. If you are a DIY enthusiast, we would love to hear/see your creativity.