Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter
- 151 E 3450 N, Spanish Fork, UT 84660, USA
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
Cricut is in search of an experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise in our Spanish Fork, Utah location. Preferably with SPHR or PHR certification or willing to obtain within the first six months of employment. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice including recruiting for our technical support call center. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
- First and foremost – be a positive and upbeat force in the organization. We are a small enough company that you ought to be able to greet each employee by name – or at least with whatever name you assign them.
- Second and second most – don’t be a jerk and have fun. Be professional but have a sense of humor too.
- Be the ultimate “multi-tasker” – in a half hour period you will receive requests for benefit inquiries, compensation studies, payroll and direct deposit questions and onboard new employees.
- Be a little bit OCD – but just a little …. high functioning OCD. You’ll need to be uber-organized and support the offsite corporate Legal and Human Resources team.
- Be Good at Training and Employee Development. You’ll be scheduling training for new employees and continued product education training for existing employees.
- Be patient. You will be a problem solver for people that maybe should have planned ahead with their benefits or direct deposit information. They’re not bad people they just need someone to cheerfully pitch in and help and then gently remind them to follow the process next time.
- Be willing to do what needs to be done. We promise not to ask you to do anything illegal, immoral, or unethical, however, we need you to be willing to pretty much do anything else that comes your way. That might include beta-testing a new design app; helping set up for a benefits fair or culture team event at the office; or putting together care packages for an employee or customer.
- You’ll have to do some boring things too. Spreadsheets, payroll, benefits coordination, offer letters, terminations, etc. These are not glamorous but they have to be done.
- Be welcoming. We may need you to greet guests up front. That might mean sometimes sitting at the front desk. You’ll also need to be sure you get non-disclosure agreements from the good people visiting our office.
- We promise you won’t be bored. You’ll get lots of steps on your FitBit. You’ll interact with a pretty decent group of people every day and work at a place that is growing and doing cool things.
- Implement and administer employee policies.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Support the HR and Legal department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Identify ways to improve policies and procedures.
- Prepare offer, termination and severance letters.
- Train and provide support to HR team members.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or equivalent
- 2+ years recruiting experience, preferably call-center, high-volume
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- HRIS: Experience with UltiPro, LinkedIn or other ATS preferred
- Be the expert and be passionate in all things recruiting – attract, engage and retain talent
- Create engaging job postings that attract and engage our applicants
- Provide a white-glove experience for candidates – go out of your way to make their day
What to Do Next: Attach your resume. You can be sure Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so please submit any online presence you may have - Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Fan pages made because of you, etc. If you are a DIY enthusiast, we would love to see your creativity.