Senior iOS Mobile Engineer
- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, UT, us
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather.
Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
At Cricut we embrace the latest technologies to build modern native mobile solutions for our customers. We are looking for engineers who enjoy working in an energetic and collaborative work environment who are passionate about their work. Our engineers are leaders for their components help create the software interface that brings our hardware products to life and delights our customers.
- Extensive iOS application development experience in Swift
- Objective-C experience a bonus
- Deep Knowledge of the iOS SDK and writing multi-threaded apps
- Strong knowledge of Interface Builder, working with Story Boards and XIBs including auto-layout and constraints
- Working knowledge of Internationalization
- Core Animation, Core Graphics
- Writing custom view and controls
- Network calls
- Experience with Git and Gitflow
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms, data structures and mobile applications
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Perform code reviews, write unit tests, and contribute to architectural planning and refactoring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Self-driven and have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks
- Dynamic, innovative, creative, and strive for process improvement
- Motivated and understand the impact of a results-driven, highly performing team
- Collaborative and committed. Your have a “can do” attitude that anything is possible with the focus and the right team
- Lifelong learners and you and you love to keep up with the latest technologies, best practices and methodologies
What to Do Next: Please send us a resume and include your published apps and/or github so we can see your passion for user-centric design. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!