- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, Utah, United States
Cricut helps people everywhere live creative lives by providing the tools they need to make beautiful, high-quality DIY projects quickly and easily. Innovator in the smart cutting machines category, Cricut offers the industry-leading Cricut MakerTM and Cricut Explore® machines, Design Space® software, a lineup of crafting tools and accessories, and a diverse range of materials such as vinyl, decorative papers, and iron-on. Cricut products can be found at most major craft stores and online. Cricut is located in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. Learn more at Cricut.com.
As Events Manager for Cricut you will be responsible for corporate event planning, tradeshows, education and other regional events. You will partner with each department cross-functionally to outline objectives, develop agendas, assist with travel arrangements, and select and execute contracts for locations, vendors, caterers, AV and any other suppliers as necessary.
- Determine objectives and requirements for events such as product launch events, road shows, trade shows, consumer events, media events, meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services.
- Collaborate with teams to develop event topics and choose featured speakers
- Arrange logistics including: audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, accommodations and transportation for participants (if applicable), facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Hire, train, and supervise volunteers and support staff required for events.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Negotiate contracts with service providers, suppliers, venues, speakers, and other vendors as appropriate.
- Direct administrative details such as financial operations, dissemination of promotional materials, and responses to inquiries.
- Obtain permits, if needed.
- Read trade publications, attend seminars, and consult with other meeting professionals to keep abreast of meeting management standards and trends.
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
- Maintain records, including financial details.
- Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of events planning experience or equivalent experience
- Experience with Eventbrite and other event organization platforms, Microsoft Suite Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
- Active listening, public speaking, critical thinking, time management, sound judgment and decision making, negotiation, writing, complex problem solving.
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume and a note about why you are the best Events Manager EVER! You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!