- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, Utah, us
Cricut helps people everywhere live creative lives by providing the tools they need to make beautiful, high-quality DIY projects quickly and easily. Innovator in the smart cutting machines category, Cricut offers the industry-leading Cricut MakerTM and Cricut Explore® machines, Design Space® software, a lineup of crafting tools and accessories, and a diverse range of materials such as vinyl, decorative papers, and iron-on. Cricut products can be found at most major craft stores and online. Cricut is located in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. Learn more at Cricut.com.
As the Art Director you'll report to the Creative Director and work directly with Channel Marketing, Product Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, Sales, Product Management and Software Development teams.
You’ll be a part of a team that loves to speak to the customer and collaborate as a team. You'll have daily opportunities to directly impact the Cricut brand.
- Minimum five years’ experience leading teams as a Design Manager/Art Director (digital and print) in comparable or like industry
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and must be fluent in preparing mechanicals
- Excellent sense of design, color, image composition and typography
- Extensive knowledge in digital production
- Experience directing external agencies and freelance talent including but not limited to Production Artists, Designers and Retouches
- Must be confident in presenting ideas and designs
- Multi-task as you work on multiple projects using a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, and various software applications.
- Agency experience a plus
- Experience designing for consumer products and retail a plus
- Mentor, Inspire and lead a team of visual designers
- Maintain deadlines and product goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in graphic design
- Involved with design community and professional organizations
- Must possess self-motivated creativity and strategic thinking in fast-paced environment
- Oversee all design projects and help to create brand consistency
- Deliver creative solutions to communicate brand objectives
- Visualize and conceptualize ideas through wireframes and sketches
- Ensure brand guidelines are consistently met
- Responsible for all print creative direction and execution of seasonal print catalogs, advertising, packaging, trade materials, consumer collateral, etc.
- Will work closely with Visual Design Manager to keep all projects on schedule and see projects through completion in a timely manner
- Will collaborate Creative Director, photo / video team on creative direction
- Complete design tasks independently to meet deadlines and assure company and stakeholder creative integrity
- Will push and inspire the team to deliver the highest level of creative possible
- Collaborate with Project Manager and Creative Director to determine overall scope of projects and presentations
- Will work with copy writer to assure tone is consistent with creative direction
- Establish entire conceptual and stylistic direction on selective assignments
- Manage and direct multiple large-scale projects and prioritize workload with their respective teams
- Exercise quality control over assigned projects
- Will have a very strong understanding of current and future design trends
- Work directly with Project Manager and follow through with stakeholders with creative direction and final file deliverables
What to Do Next:
Please send us a resume and a portfolio telling us why no one is more right for the position than you. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!