Senior Industrial Designer
- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, UT, United States
Cricut helps people everywhere live creative lives by providing the tools they need to make beautiful, high-quality DIY projects quickly and easily. Innovator in the smart cutting machines category, Cricut offers the industry-leading Cricut MakerTM and Cricut Explore® machines, Design Space® software, a lineup of crafting tools and accessories, and a diverse range of materials such as vinyl, decorative papers, and iron-on. Cricut products can be found at most major craft stores and online. Cricut is located in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. Learn more at Cricut.com.
Want to work somewhere that values design as highly as you do? Eager to be involved in the early days of something amazing? Put aside your assumptions and drop us a line…this opportunity is not to be missed.
You’ll take a leading role in a growing team of talented designers as we take on incumbent industry competitors. You’ll work across the organization and beyond to bring great design to this often-overlooked category. With your help, we will build a design-led organization with a reputation for thoughtful, innovative and delightful solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision, creative solutions, and beautiful aesthetics for Industrial Design across various categories: soft-goods, handheld tools, machines, products, accessories, packaging and everything in between.
- Understand and track design trends, and identify areas of opportunity to expand and stretch our current design solutions.
- Relentlessly pursue strategic solutions to company goals.
- Demonstrate detailed craftsmanship in sketching, understanding of form, production processes and CMF.
- Able to absorb user needs, technical limitations, mechanical engineering, and business objectives into design considerations.
- Possess an understanding and appreciation for the product development process.
- Demonstrate a deep empathy with end users, and a history of designing for people unlike yourself.
- Help facilitate creative collaboration across the company and with our suppliers beyond.
- Have strong visual presentation skills with ability to verbally pitch, ideate, review and handle constructive critique.
- Develop and maintain a consistent visual design language across a family of products.
- International travel to China required at least once each year.
Based in the Bay Area, CA or Salt Lake City, UT with domestic travel to Utah required on a bi-monthly basis if based outside of the Salt Lake City area.
- 7+ years of relevant Industrial Design experience including experience in a Design Consultancy/Agency capacity.
- Mastery of industry standard design software, including 3D CAD (Solidworks and/or Rhino), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Keyshot/Bunkspeed.
- Hands-on prototyping and model making experience.
- An excellent portfolio demonstrating thoughtful design, an understanding of end-users and strong sketching, research, color and form skills
- Award-winning design and internationally recognized for ID contributions
What to Do Next:
Please send us a resume and a portfolio telling us why no one is more right for the position than you. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!