- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, UT
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather.
Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
Want to work somewhere that values design as highly as you do? Eager to be involved in the early days of something amazing? Put aside your assumptions and drop us a line…this opportunity is not to be missed.
You’ll take a leading role in a growing team of talented designers as we take on incumbent industry competitors. You’ll work across the organization and beyond to bring great design to this often-overlooked category.
With your help, we will build a design-led organization with a reputation for thoughtful, innovative and delightful solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide vision, creative solutions, and beautiful aesthetics for Industrial Design across various categories: soft-goods, handheld tools, machines, products, accessories, packaging and everything in between.
- Understand and track design trends, and identify areas of opportunity to expand and stretch our current design solutions.
- Relentlessly pursue strategic solutions to company goals.
- Demonstrate detailed craftsmanship in sketching, understanding of form, production processes and CMF.
- Able to absorb user needs, technical limitations, mechanical engineering, and business objectives into design considerations.
- Possess an understanding and appreciation for the product development process.
- Demonstrate a deep empathy with end users, and a history of designing for people unlike yourself.
- Help facilitate creative collaboration across the company and with our suppliers beyond.
- Have strong visual presentation skills with ability to verbally pitch, ideate, review and handle constructive critique.
- Develop and maintain a consistent visual design language across a family of products.
- International travel to China required at least once each year.
Will consider remote candidates with domestic travel to Utah required on a bi-monthly basis if based outside of the Salt Lake City, UT area.
- 5+ years of relevant Industrial Design experience including experience in a Design Consultancy/Agency capacity
- Mastery of industry standard design software, including 3D CAD (Solidworks and/or Rhino), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Keyshot/Bunkspeed.
- Hands-on prototyping and model making experience
- An excellent portfolio demonstrating thoughtful design, an understanding of end-users and strong sketching, research, color and form skills
- Award-winning design and internationally recognized for ID contributions
What to Do Next: Please attach your portfolio showing us why you are the ideal Industrial Designer to innovate for Cricut. You can be sure Cricut is a workplace who values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Insta, Coroflot, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you). If you are a DIY enthusiast or Maker, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!