- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, UT, us
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
Want to work somewhere that values design as highly as you do? Eager to be involved in the early days of something amazing? Put aside your assumptions and drop us a line…this opportunity is not to be missed.
You’ll take a leading role in a growing team of talented designers as we take on incumbent industry competitors. You’ll work across the organization and beyond to bring great design to this often-overlooked category.
With your help, we will build a design-led organization with a reputation for thoughtful, innovative and delightful solutions.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide vision, creative solutions, and beautiful aesthetics for Industrial Design across various categories: soft-goods, handheld tools, machines, products, accessories, packaging and everything in between.
- Understand and track design trends, and identify areas of opportunity to expand and stretch our current design solutions.
- Relentlessly pursue strategic solutions to company goals.
- Demonstrate detailed craftsmanship in sketching, understanding of form, production processes and CMF.
- Able to absorb user needs, technical limitations, mechanical engineering, and business objectives into design considerations.
- Possess an understanding and appreciation for the product development process.
- Demonstrate a deep empathy with end users, and a history of designing for people unlike yourself.
- Help facilitate creative collaboration across the company and with our suppliers beyond.
- Have strong visual presentation skills with ability to verbally pitch, ideate, review and handle constructive critique.
- Develop and maintain a consistent visual design language across a family of products.
- International travel to China required at least once each year.
Will consider remote candidates with domestic travel to Utah required on a bi-monthly basis if based outside of the Salt Lake City, UT area.
- 5+ years of relevant Industrial Design experience including experience in a Design Consultancy/Agency capacity
- Mastery of industry standard design software, including 3D CAD (Solidworks and/or Rhino), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Keyshot/Bunkspeed.
- Hands-on prototyping and model making experience
- An excellent portfolio demonstrating thoughtful design, an understanding of end-users and strong sketching, research, color and form skills
- Award-winning design and internationally recognized for ID contributions
What to Do Next: Please attach your portfolio showing us why you are the ideal Industrial Designer to innovate for Cricut. You can be sure Cricut is a workplace who values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Insta, Coroflot, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you). If you are a DIY enthusiast or Maker, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!