- South Jordan, UT
Welcome to Cricut® where transforming inspiration to creation reigns supreme. Here, customer experiences are what drive us, game-changing technology solutions are conceived, change is happening and technology is at the very heart of bringing our creative ideas to life. Clients aren’t just customers, they’re partners. Integrity and a team-driven environment serve as incubators for entrepreneurial minds. If you’re ready to be an idea engineer with some of the best collaborators in the industry, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
Cricut® is a world leader in personal electronic cutting machines that help people achieve their creative best. For 50 years, Cricut® has inspired creativity and made DIY more capable and easier than ever with tools like the Cricut® electronic cutting machine, Cricut Design Space® design software, and the Cricut Cuttlebug™ embosser and die cutter. Today, millions of people use Cricut® products to create masterful and surprisingly simple projects, and Cricut® products have won dozens of industry awards. Redefine DIY—join the Cricut® revolution!
As Senior Creative Director you will lead our creative team and build a brand that connects with our passionate community of makers. You will collaborate closely with the heads of Design, Product, and Marketing to develop creative strategies, plans, and execution that meet both brand and business goals, and define and execute a vision for the brand moving forward. This position reports to the EVP of Product and Brand.
- Lead all brand creative development for Cricut, including website, packaging, email, retail, advertising, and events.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a 20+ creative team including:
- Graphic design
- Front-end web development
- Digital project design and artwork illustration
- Video production
- Collaborate closely with product, marketing, and sales to fully understand creative scope and needs
- Structure creative processes to achieve the best balance of impact, quality, and productivity.
- Build and grow a high performance team that executes to the quality of top consumer brands (Apple, Nest, etc)
- Deep passion for design and the experience of crafting or making things
- Fit with a culture focused on team success through shared values of teamwork, candor, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to apply sound judgement to business and brand needs, thinking of creative as a system, rather than as individual pieces of execution
- Experience as a creative director or in a similar creative role
- Exceptional portfolio, demonstrating visuals and communications executed to a very high level of impact and refinement
- Hand-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development
- Brand or digital agency experience
- Excellent working knowledge of design software including Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign etc.
- Outstanding leadership and organization skills – balancing excitement and energy with the ability to maintain an even keel
- BSc/BA in advertising, fine art, design or relevant field; MSc/MA valued.
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume and your portfolio. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!