- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
- Department: Creative Development
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
As a Sr. Photographer at Cricut you will take the creative and technical lead on high profile product launches and marketing campaigns. You will work closely with the creative director, art directors, and internal clients to create, manage and maintain a consistent, aspirational, and current approach to all brand photography.
This person will determine unique lighting, and contribute to photo concepts to create fresh, aspirational imagery under very aggressive timelines and fast paced culture. He or she must have the ability to toggle between simple quick shots and more intricate, high-level shots while working several sets and projects at once. A passion for beauty, an elevated aesthetic and sense of urgency are a must for this role. You must be highly communicative, fast-thinking, highly imaginative with a knack for problem-solving and push creative solutions to new levels with solid design decisions rather than what has historically been done.
You must have a stellar portfolio that demonstrates technical proficiency with a strong understanding of both natural and artificial light. More importantly, you are a storyteller, your portfolio should demonstrate your ability to capture and convey emotion and authenticity that engages the viewer in a way that draws them into the image.
The right candidate will have an eye for design, propping, composition and color; is team oriented but capable of working independently; able to receive candid and constructive feedback; is committed to doing their best work each day without supervision.
The right candidate with have the heart of a teacher and mentor jr. and mid-level photographers to refine and polish their skill sets. You must also have a passion for growth and knowledge and relentlessly acquire new techniques and skills.
· Produce and plan photo shoots both small and large
· Work with studio manager to coordinate shoot schedules
· Lighting design
· Shot design and set propping
· May be responsible for purchasing props and set furniture
· Shoot with Digital SLR cameras
· Communicate call times, wardrobe requirements, and hair and makeup considerations with talent
· Edit, touch up and color correct RAW shots
· Manage proofs and feedback
· Catalog and keyword deliverables
· Manage, maintain and upload shots to our digital asset management system
· Keep studio and related equipment in good working order and ready for a shoot at a moment’s notice
· Excellent portfolio showing a range of photography styles, lighting designs and post processing techniques
· Deep passion for photography and visual story telling in theory and practice
· Comfortable in an environment that values teamwork, candor, honesty, and integrity
· Must have deep knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom or Capture One Pro in a Camera RAW workflow
· Deep experience with studio strobe lighting and lighting modifiers (soft boxes, scrims, bounces, flags, etc.)
· Working knowledge of radio light triggers and lighting groups
· Ability to mimic photographic lighting styles
· Practical lighting knowledge that goes beyond simple three-point lighting setups
· Ability to harness and shape natural light
· Ability to design lighting setups using strobes, daylight and practical lights
· Experience with continuous lighting (Not required but preferred)
· Experience taking stock and lifestyle photography
· Hands-on experience with high-end product photography (think Apple or Nest)
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This position is contingent on successfully completing a Criminal Background Check upon hire. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!