- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
- Department: Creative Development
Together we make. Come make with us.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.
As a Senior photographer at Cricut you will plan, light, prop, photograph, edit and deliver still photography based upon internal client specifications and guidance. You will collaborate closely with key department personnel across the creative and leadership teams to understand shot usage, cropping requirements, lighting, story and visual tone.
You must have a stellar portfolio that demonstrates technical proficiency with a strong understanding of both natural and artificial light. More importantly, you are a story teller, your portfolio should demonstrate your ability to capture and convey emotion and authenticity that engages the viewer in a way that draws them into the image.
The right candidate will have an eye for design, propping, composition and color; is team oriented but capable of working independently; able to receive candid and constructive feedback; is committed to doing their best work each day without supervision.
- Produce and plan photo shoots both small and large
- Work with studio manager to coordinate shoot schedules
- Lighting design
- Shot design and set propping
- May be responsible for purchasing props and set furniture
- Shoot with Digital SLR cameras
- Communicate call times, wardrobe requirements, and hair and makeup considerations with talent
- Edit, touch up and color correct RAW shots
- Manage proofs and feedback
- Catalog and keyword deliverables
- Manage, maintain and upload shots to our digital asset management system
- Keep studio and related equipment in good working order and ready for a shoot at a moment’s notice
- Excellent portfolio showing a range of photography styles, lighting designs and post processing techniques
- Deep passion for photography and visual story telling in theory and practice
- Comfortable in an environment that values teamwork, candor, honesty, and integrity
- Must have deep knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom in a Camera RAW workflow
- Experience with setup and function of studio strobe lighting and lighting modifiers (soft boxes, scrims, bounces, flags, etc.)
- Working knowledge of radio light triggers and lighting groups
- Ability to mimic photographic lighting styles
- Practical lighting knowledge that goes beyond simple three-point lighting setups
- Ability to harness and shape natural light
- Experience with continuous lighting (Not required but preferred)
- Experience taking stock and lifestyle photography
- Hands-on experience with high-end product photography (think Apple or Nest)
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This position is contingent on successfully completing a Criminal Background Check upon hire. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!