- South Jordan, UT
Cricut is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space. The Cricut is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that lets our users cut intricate patterns in over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space software, our customers design projects using digital images from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Our customers can also select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials and the digital content that makes it all possible.
As a photographer at Cricut you will plan, light, prop, photograph, edit and deliver still photography based upon internal client specifications and guidance. You will collaborate closely with key department personnel across the creative and leadership teams to understand shot usage, cropping requirements, lighting, story and visual tone.
You must have a stellar portfolio that demonstrates technical proficiency with a strong understanding of both natural and artificial light. More importantly, you are a story teller, your portfolio should demonstrate your ability to capture and convey emotion and authenticity that engages the viewer in a way that draws them into the image.
The right candidate will have an eye for design, propping, composition and color; is team oriented but capable of working independently; able to receive candid and constructive feedback; is committed to doing their best work each day without supervision.
- Must have deep knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom in a Camera RAW workflow
- Experience with setup and function of studio strobe lighting and lighting modifiers (soft boxes, scrims, bounces, flags, etc.)
- Working knowledge of radio light triggers and lighting groups
- Ability to mimic photographic lighting styles
- Practical lighting knowledge that goes beyond simple three-point lighting setups
- Ability to harness and shape natural light
- Experience with continuous lighting (Not required but preferred)
- Experience taking stock and lifestyle photography
- Hands-on experience with high-end product photography (think Apple or Nest)
- Excellent portfolio showing a range of photography styles, lighting designs and post processing techniques
- Produce and plan photo shoots both small and large
- Work with studio manager to coordinate shoot schedules
- Lighting design
- Shot design and set propping
- May be responsible for purchasing props and set furniture
- Shoot with Digital SLR cameras
- Communicate call times, wardrobe requirements, and hair and makeup considerations with talent
- Edit, touch up and color correct RAW shots
- Manage proofs and feedback
- Catalog and keyword deliverables
- Manage, maintain and upload shots to our digital asset management system
- Keep studio and related equipment in good working order and ready for a shoot at a moment’s notice
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume, portfolio and note about why you are the best person for this position. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!