- South Jordan, UT
Cricut is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space. The Cricut is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that lets our users cut intricate patterns in over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space software, our customers design projects using digital images from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Our customers can also select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials and the digital content that makes it all possible.
As part of a small but dynamic UX team at Cricut, you’ll play a key role in creating thoughtful and compelling user experiences that elevate the brand and introduce Cricut to a wider audience. You’ll work on complex and interesting UX projects spanning multiple platforms including, content delivery, hardware, software, responsive web sites and mobile apps. You’ll be joining a hardworking and talented team, committed to creating industry-leading experiences for some of the most engaged user groups you’ll ever encounter.
- You will be expected to design both web and mobile (iOS and Android) applications
- Collaborate well with other designers, developers and the product management team to identify areas to improve the user experience
- Design user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to communicate the design solutions internally
- Capture visual design intent and specify designs for a successful handover to the software development team
- Participate in design research initiatives and programs to better connect with our end users and uncover unmet needs in the experience
- Maintain an understanding of the latest UX and visual trends, and continually share findings with the team
- Manage your time effectively so that you can handle more than one project at a time, and still estimate and hit deadlines consistently
- 1-5 years of work experience and degree in a relevant field
- Strong knowledge of the UX design process
- A thoughtful and well-presented portfolio of UX design solutions
- Ability to receive and participate well in design feedback
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to clearly articulate design solutions to complex problems
- Ability to quickly sketch concepts to illustrate ideas
- Demonstrated experience in either Bohemian Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- An eye for visual design
- Knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume and note about why you are the best Designer for this position. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!