Director of Education and Experience
- South Jordan, UT
Cricut is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space. The Cricut is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that lets our users cut intricate patterns in over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space software, our customers design projects using digital images from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Our customers can also select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials and the digital content that makes it all possible.
We are obsessed with making our customers happy. Over a million strong, they are making the world beautiful with their passionate DIY creations thanks to Cricut.
If you like the idea of working around creative, fun people that are innovating with the latest technologies to help makers lead creative lives, read on.
In the next few years, Cricut will be onboarding hundreds of thousands of new DIY crafters to our electronic cutting platform. The Director of Education and Experience will define and deploy a combination resources from online instructional videos and online help, to Cricut Customer Care and distributed community-powered support to get these new users up-and-running and happy as quickly as possible.
We have found that our happiest customers make great trainers, supporters and advocates. We would like to organize and deploy this army of fans and empower them to do distributed online as well as local, in-person training throughout the country.
You are innovative and entrepreneurial and have developed an online education system for a business, university, school or non-profit organization. You have a passion for both education and customers/students. You like figuring new things out and are not afraid to try new things and/or make mistakes. You love to build things from the ground up. As creative as you are, you are also a super-organized program that gets things done.
• Direct all education and experience activities for Cricut users delivered both online and offline
• Develop “fastest to project” curricula featuring the right series of videos needed to get our customers making as soon as possible
• Work with the Cricut Product Team, Cricut Customer Care and the Education Product Manager to define an online education platform suitable for use in training users, Cricut customer care professionals, and Cricut retail partner in-store personnel
• Work with our retail partners such as Jo-Ann Stores and Michaels to define and deliver in-store training of both users as well as partner employees
• Recruit, train, certify, motivate and incentivize a field army of Cricut fans
• Recruit, hire and supervise an Education Product Manager to round out your team’s online education and business skillset.
Desired Skills & Experience
• At least 8 years of work experience in education with at least 3-5 years in online education platforms
• At least 5 years of program management experience in an education or business environment
• Demonstrable success in developing an online education program from the ground up.
• Experience working with Learning Management Systems best practices and vendors
• Interest and knowledge in emerging consumer technologies
• Experience in field training for retail or sales a plus
• Experience in consumer electronics a plus
• Experience in crafts or creative arts education or businesses a plus
• Strong team player with ability to work cross functionally
• Self-directed, problem-solver
• Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree is required (education major with some software and business coursework preferred)
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume and note about why you are the best person for this position. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!