- South Jordan, UT
Cricut is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space. The Cricut is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that lets our users cut intricate patterns in over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space software, our customers design projects using digital images from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Our customers can also select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials and the digital content that makes it all possible.
We are obsessed with making our customers happy. Over a million strong, they are making the world beautiful with their passionate DIY creations thanks to Cricut.
If you like the idea of working around creative, fun people that are innovating with the latest technologies to help makers lead creative lives, and if you love to grow businesses, read on.
Develop mechanical designs for new and existing products by applying engineering and fabrication principals to industrial designs for the consumer market in accordance with business needs and the product road map.
- Develop concepts and ideas for new products or methods to improve existing products.
- Design mechanisms, sheet metal, plastic housings and components in support of new products
- Develop cost estimates based on product concepts or designs
- Use engineering principals to develop the structural design of products incorporating mechanical and electrical subsystems to meet industrial design, marketing, and customer requirements to meet project schedules.
- Specify materials and components in designs
- Manage multiple design projects at once. Work independently with little or no direction. Keep management informed and apprised of design. Work with other functional groups (marketing, sales, customer service, etc.) within the company to develop and evaluate designs that meet customer needs.
- Present and participate in design reviews and update designs as required.
- Develop schedules for design and product development processes
- Investigate product failures and causes of faulty operation, and make recommendations for corrective actions to resolve the issue.
- Keep appraised of the customer experience related to company products.
- Work with design and/or manufacturing partners to ensure manufacturability and smooth product ramps leading up to production.
- Perform testing of designs to prove functionality and reliability.
- Generate design specifications and drawings for external design and manufacturing activities.
- Apply statistical methods such as process capability studies and DOE’s in the development and improvement of products.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Highly desired to be proficient in the use of ProE, Solidworks candidates will be considered
- Use of feature based design principles in 3D modeling
- Experienced in injection molded plastics design, tooling best practices and process tuning.
- Familiar with sheet metal design and fabrication processes
- Familiar with rapid prototype techniques and processes
- Familiar with GD&T techniques
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume and note about why you are the best Mechanical Engineer for this position. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!