Sr. HR Generalist
- South Jordan, UT
Welcome to Cricut® where transforming inspiration to creation reigns supreme. Here, customer experiences are what drive us, game-changing technology solutions are conceived, change is happening and technology is at the very heart of bringing our creative ideas to life. Clients aren’t just customers, they’re partners. Integrity and a team-driven environment serve as incubators for entrepreneurial minds. If you’re ready to be an idea engineer with some of the best collaborators in the industry, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
Cricut® is a world leader in personal electronic cutting machines that help people achieve their creative best. For 50 years, Cricut® has inspired creativity and made DIY more capable and easier than ever with tools like the Cricut® electronic cutting machine, Cricut Design Space® design software, and the Cricut Cuttlebug™ embosser and die cutter. Today, millions of people use Cricut® products to create masterful and surprisingly simple projects, and Cricut® products have won dozens of industry awards. Redefine DIY—join the Cricut® revolution!
Cricut is in search of an experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. Preferably with SPHR or PHR certification or willing to obtain within the first six months of employment. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
- First and foremost – be a positive and upbeat force in the organization. We are still a small enough company that you ought to be able to greet each employee by name – or at least with whatever name you assign them.
- Second and second most – don’t be a jerk and have fun. Be professional but have a sense of humor too.
- Be the ultimate “multi-tasker” – in a half hour period you will receive requests for benefit inquiries, compensation studies, payroll and direct deposit questions and onboard new employees.
- Be a little bit OCD – but just a little …. high functioning OCD. You’ll need to be uber-organized and support the Legal and Human Resources team.
- Be Good at Training and Employee Development. You’ll be scheduling training for new employees and continued product education training for existing employees.
- Be patient. You will be a problem solver for people that maybe should have planned ahead with their benefits or direct deposit information. They’re not bad people they just need someone to cheerfully pitch in and help and then gently remind them to follow the process next time.
- Be willing to do what needs to be done. We promise not to ask you to do anything illegal, immoral, or unethical, however, we need you to be willing to pretty much do anything else that comes your way. That might include beta-testing a new design app; helping set up for a benefits fair or culture team event at the office; or putting together care packages for an employee or customer.
- You’ll have to do some boring things too. Spreadsheets, payroll, benefits coordination, offer letters, terminations, etc. These are not glamorous but they have to be done.
- Be welcoming. We may need you to greet guests up front. That might mean sometimes sitting at the front desk. You’ll also need to be sure you get non-disclosure agreements from the good people visiting our office.
- We promise you won’t be bored. You’ll get lots of steps on your FitBit. You’ll interact with a pretty decent group of people every day and work at a place that is growing and doing cool things.
A few other things to keep in mind that we’ll need your help with:
- SPHR or PHR certification, 5+ years of HR experience
- Implement and administer employee policies
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Support the HR and Legal department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Offer proactive recruiting assistance
- Identify ways to improve policies and procedures
- Prepare offer, termination and severance letters
- Train and provide support to HR team members
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume and a cover letter telling us why you are best suited for this position. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!