Front End Web Developer [Remote-USA]
- 5305 Village Center Dr, Columbia, MD 21044, USA
- Employees can work remotely
credativ U.S. is the North American branch of credativ, an international open source support company. At credativ U.S. we focus on support and services for open source based web operations technology. We are a distributed company, with teams working with clients in all different sectors, both at home and abroad, helping them to get the most from their technology solutions.
The credativ Web Engineering team is responsible for building out software solutions for our clients, solving existing problems or enabling new business objectives, empowered to use (or build) the tools that ensure security and scalability, while not sacrificing time to deployment.
You'll be joining a distributed team of software engineers working in the e-commerce space on a high scale, mission critical, distributed web system. In this role you'll be responsible for building, supporting, and maintaining a number of web-based interfaces for our client, curating the user experience for the shopper journey, back-end portals, and suite of embedded tools, including both single page applications and traditional web applications, while maintaining performant and responsive interfaces.
Responsibilities include improving existing front-end code, building reusable components, and helping to improve design consistency across user-facing touchpoint. In addition you'll be converting ad-hoc wire-frames and sketches into user-facing features, while working along both technical and non-technical team members to conceive UI/UX options when planning projects. Your day-to-day will be working within a GitHub based workflow, coordinating via Slack, operating on GCP. What you bring to the team is as important as the technologies involved; bringing what you learn and know to support the continual improvement of your teammates is critical for our success with clients.
In a perfect world, you'd check all the boxes, but obviously we don't live in a perfect world (Hello 2020!). If you have most of the things and are confident you can pick it up, we're willing to take a look.
Requirements & Education
- 3+ years developing front-end solutions for the web
- Particular experience with Bootstrap, SaSS, jQuery, React, and/or Redux
- Ability to wire-frame UIs and manipulate images, including SVGs (Sketch, etc)
- Experience working with modern web standards (HTML5, CSS3, JSON, REST)
- Proficiency in code versioning and branching (Git/Github)
- Ability to play nicely with others and work independently
- Understanding of basic SEO principals
- Intelligence with a sense of humor.
- US-based and legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with web package managers / task runners (Webpack, Bower, Grunt)
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- Backend experience with frameworks like Play/Rails/Django
- Experience working on iOS and/or Swift based web or app development
Since this position revolves around front-end work, we'd additionally like to see examples of existing work (screenshots, URLs, and/or code samples, including description and context for each).
As a company we try to minimize the B.S., provide flexible hours, offer 401k, medical/dental/vision options, and will work with you to figure out what you need to be productive (equipment, home-office, co-working, etc...).
We believe in diversity as a core asset. From the tools we use to the technologies we choose to the people we work with, understanding that diversity in approach, and leading with tolerance over dogma, has always led us to better success. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants.