Full Stack Web Engineer [Remote-USA]
- 5305 Village Center Dr, Columbia, MD 21044, USA
- Employees can work remotely
credativ U.S. is the North American branch of credativ, an international open source support company. At credativ U.S. we focus on support and services for open source based web operations technology. We are a distributed company, with teams working with clients in all different sectors, both at home and abroad, helping them to get the most from their technology solutions.
The credativ Web Engineering team is responsible for building out software solutions for our clients, solving existing problems or enabling new business objectives, empowered to use (or build) the tools that ensure security and scalability, while not sacrificing time to deployment.
You'll be joining a distributed team of web engineers working in the e-commerce space on a high scale, mission critical, distributed web system. You'll primarily be working on Scala based services, leveraging frameworks like Play and Spring, on top of data systems like Postgres, in a GitHub based workflow, coordinating via Slack, operating in GCP. What you bring to the team is as important as the technologies involved; bringing what you learn and know to support the continual improvement of your teammates is critical for our success with clients.
In a perfect world, you'd check all the boxes, but obviously we don't live in a perfect world (Hello 2020!). If you have most of the things and are confident you can pick it up, we're willing to take a look.
Requirements & Education
- 2+ years experience programming in Scala/Play framework
- Experience working with Spring Boot
- Familiarity with React, Redux, and jQuery
- Good understanding of Web Standards (HTML, CSS, JSON, REST).
- Moderate knowledge of SQL (Postgres preferred).
- Working knowledge of messaging systems (AMQP, Rabbit, SQS)
- Ability to play nicely with others and work independently.
- Intelligence with a sense of humor.
- US-based and legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Elixr/Erlang or iOS/Swift
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- Additional experience with other web frameworks (Rails/Django)
- Experience building web applications from distributed data sources.
- Experience developing Open Source code, in public (github, cpan, npm).
As a company we try to minimize the B.S., provide flexible hours, offer 401k, medical/dental/vision options, and will work with you to figure out what you need to be productive (equipment, home-office, co-working, etc...).
We believe in diversity as a core asset. From the tools we use to the technologies we choose to the people we work with, understanding that diversity in approach, and leading with tolerance over dogma, has always led us to better success. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants.