Senior Postgres DBA
- 5305 Village Center Dr, Columbia, MD 21044, USA
credativ U.S. is the North American branch of credativ, and international open source support company. At credativ U.S. we focus on support and services for open source based web operations technology. Primarily based on the east coast, we are a distributed team, working with clients in all different sectors, at home and abroad, helping them to get the most from their technology solutions.
We are looking for a Senior DBA to work remotely, but with some onsite time required, at our Baltimore area client, helping to build and manage a highly sensitive Postgres installation in a DevOps oriented workflow.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in a AWS environment.
• Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements
• Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
• Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
• Provide advice and support to development resources.
• Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
• May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
• Master’s Degree or equivilant advanced industry experience
• Advanced Expert PostgreSQL Database Administrator/Architect
• Familiarity with configuration management for databases (Ansible preferred)
• In depth knowledge of PostgreSQL Architecture
• Python Development
• Greenplum experience a plus
• Must be local to Baltimore/Washington metro area
We are an equal opportunity employer, and believe in diversity as a core strength.