Senior Business Development Director - SAP
- 5025 Creekbank Rd, Mississauga, ON L4W 5R2, Canada
Createch is a Canadian leader in operational performance improvement, supply chain optimization and in the integration of information technology solutions. Since 1993, we offer services in manufacturing and logistics performance improvement, process reengineering, change management and ERP solution implementation. The company integrates proven solutions and applies leading business practices.
When you join Createch, a leader in SAP implementation since 1998, you enter a community of dynamic SAP specialists who thrive on innovation and strive to help companies improve and modernize their architecture and processes with the latest SAP products.
At Createch, we offer a unique environment to inspire our people to grow. Our entrepreneurial culture motivates our people to be themselves, naturally leveraging their personal strength to be successful. We promote self-reliance, and support independent and creative minds. We also support a culture of personal growth through learning. Through the personal development of our employees, we grow our collective strength. The Createch SAP Business Unit is an exceptional team of people working together to achieve success. All across Canada, we cooperate towards the common goal of delivering excellence with enthusiasm.
For the Senior Business Development Director position, we offer a very attractive compensation package which includes fixed salary, commissions and very generous benefits (Group Insurance Plan, Retirement Savings Plan etc.).
The Business Development Director (BDD) position entails developing and directing the sales of SAP software (Cloud and/or On Premise) and related services to existing SAP clients. The position typically has sales targets ranging from $4.5 Million up to $6.5 Million, and performance/rewards programs are based on the achievement of sales targets. This position reports directly to the Principal, SAP Business Development, Central Canada. Through strategic teaming with the SAP Business Unit’s personnel as well as Business entities within Bell Canada, the BDD will initiate and conduct proactive business development activities within the SAP installed base clientele in order to generate preference for our solutions and services and successfully close business.
The BDD is responsible for creating strategic and tactical plans to uncover and secure a range of revenue for SAP software and services. The BDD is tasked with identifying, soliciting, developing relationships and influencing decision-makers at the highest levels within predefined target accounts. In addition to the above revenue generation activities, the BDD is responsible for opportunity management, working with management, pre-sales, staffing and delivery groups to determine the right approach to secure business. This requires teamwork and consensus-based leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop account strategies, account plans and communicate such plans to the Business Unit’s Management, pre-sales, staffing and support team members.
- Recommend which opportunities the SAP Business Unit should pursue providing guidance founded on tangible criteria such as highest probability of winning, profit potential and competitive pressures.
- Identify potential leads through networking, cold-calling, e-mailing, trade shows, marketing events, leveraging social media and/or other sources and develop relationships with potential buyers through personal meetings, presentations, speaking engagements, and/or other business or social gatherings.
- Identify specific sales opportunities within clients and leverage existing relationships for 'quick win' sales.
- Be continuously alert of potential follow-on service business in existing accounts; develop those follow on opportunities to generate repeat revenue within existing accounts.
Professional Knowledge and Awareness
- Continue to expand and develop skills in core SAP products and related systems, focusing on business benefits associated with the use of those solutions.
- Expand expertise in the use of SAP solutions within specific industries relevant to the territory covered.
- Continuously develop prospecting, sales communications, presentation, proposal writing skills as well as negotiation skills.
The BDD will have a significant level of business development skills in mid-size and large account environments, selling Enterprise Software and related professional consulting services characterized by long sales cycles and large dollar amount transactions. Skills required are:
Sales and Communication Skills:
- Ability to craft and execute strategic and tactical plans to pursue and close large revenue projects
- Strong interpersonal skills including rapport building, listening, social versatility and courtesy.
- Solid sales call skills with proper preparation discipline. This includes the ability to determine and communicate a clear meeting purpose, question to identify needs, frame business solutions in the context of value to the client, gain agreement to potential solution, and gain closure on next steps.
- Solid communication skills including the ability to present an accurate and compelling overview and benefits - using relevant examples of other clients’ experiences, convincing the client of the value proposition, and constructing a solid proposal perceived by the client as addressing their needs.
- Advanced levels of business acumen including the business and industry environments, business operational processes, market forces, customers and competitors of clients.
- Ability to develop winning sales strategies, taking into consideration key client factors, such as compelling event(s), critical success factors, stated and non-stated requirements, and the political decision making landscape.
- Ability to develop business relationships with senior client executives and board members and to influence decision-makers at the highest levels.
- Excellent negotiation, mediation, & conflict management skills. Ability to write proposals, reports and business correspondence.
- Fluency in the English language (written and oral communications).
- Ability to calculate sales amounts such as discounts, mark-ups, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The following is a list of desired behavioral characteristics:
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- High integrity
- Affinity to work as a team player and a team leader
- Willingness and ability to share knowledge with others
- Ability to guide others through complexity, ambiguity and uncertainty
- Sense of urgency and energy to achieve results
- Ability to provide frequent feedback in a form that is most useful to people receiving it
- Ability to recognize key issues in problems and use sound judgment in their resolution
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Propensity to take ownership for the quality of the tasks/work being performed
- Predisposition to improvement; continuously look for ways to improve value
- Ability to handle difficult people situations, especially with clients.
What about the advantages of joining us?
Aside from joining a professional and dynamic team, you will be entitled to our compensation plan and various other benefits, including:
- Variable compensation plan similar to Tier 1 companies
- Professional development
- Group insurance from the first day of employment
- Bell Canada Employee Benefits (Pension Fund, Profit Sharing Plan and Employee Discount Plan)
If all these features speak to you, then do apply!
Createch offers competitive salaries and equal opportunities for all. If you meet the job requirements and are looking to take up engaging challenges, please send us your resume.
We thank you very much for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Createch is committed to employment equity and diversity.