Project Manager - EAMS
- 21 King St W, Hamilton, ON L8P 4W7, Canada
Createch is a Canadian leader in operational performance improvement, supply chain optimization and in the integration of information technology solutions. Since 1993, we offer services in manufacturing and logistics performance improvement, process reengineering, change management and ERP solution implementation. The company integrates proven solutions and applies leading business practices.
When you join Createch, you enter a community of dynamic specialists who thrive on quality, innovation and strive to help companies improve, modernize and continue to succeed.
We offer a unique environment to inspire our people to grow. Our entrepreneurial culture motivates our people to be themselves, naturally leveraging their personal strength to be successful. We promote self-reliance and support independent and creative minds. We also support a culture of personal growth through learning. Through the personal development of our employees, we grow our collective strength. The Createch Enterprise Asset Management Solution (EAM) Business Unit is made up of an exceptional team of people working together to achieve success. Across Canada, we cooperate towards the common goal of delivering excellence with enthusiasm.
The Project Manager (PM) position entails managing implementation projects involving one or more EAM resources and client project team members. The duties are typically expected to be performed both at customer site and at the office. This position reports directly to the Director of Services. This position works under minimal supervision on mid-sized to large tasks and projects involving multiple products or platforms. This specialization is responsible for leading a project team using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for each project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract. The PM is responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client. They will provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY EXAMPLES
- Deliver projects utilizing CREATECH methodology.
- Accountable for overall delivery of one or more large Projects, with the specified level of quality for the project sponsor, on time and within budget and scope
- Be continuously alert of potential follow-on business service and collaborate with sales to develop any follow on opportunities in-order to generate additional revenue within such accounts
- Plans, prepares and maintains project schedules
- Identifies critical path and determines and integrates milestones, control points, imposed dates and Go/No-go decision points into the schedule
- Manages the activities of project(s) to align with strategic direction
- Develops the project organization and structure to optimize alignment of individual and group skills with project tasks
- Provides a high level of relationship management; resolving conflicts and enabling discussions amongst stakeholders, management, co-workers and team members with varied interests.
- Maintains and encourages open lines of communication between groups/functional areas/team members and management
- Prepares and delivers executive presentations; facilitate workshops, handles complex questions from varied audiences, and responds to difficult questions
- Prepare all status reporting and writes clear, concise and effective communications related to sensitive and complex issues
- Contributes to improve the best practices or the project management community within the Enterprise to help maintain project management professionalism
- Create and execute multiple ongoing project plans that meet changing needs and requirements.
- Assign and manage project team roles and deliverables, including scope, schedule, resourcing, reporting and communications.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and adoption of best practices and coordinate smooth and seamless handoff to client relationship team.
- Champion of continuous training, development and knowledge sharing to ensure business delivery flexibility of team members.
- Design and communicate operational processes and guidelines that meet requirements and contractual obligations while ensuring high satisfaction and overall account health.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience in managing various sized projects from initiation to implementation using a disciplined approach to project management
- Awareness of Agile approach, Project Management methodologies and the ability to apply them in a flexible manner in various situations
- Ability to craft and execute strategic and tactical plans to execute large and small projects
- Fluency in English (excellent written and oral communications).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management (including financial management with respect to tracking, forecasting and managing project budgets)
- Strong Facilitation skills – able to drive leaders and executives to a decision. Able to influence and negotiate as needed in order to meet objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills including rapport building, listening, social versatility and courtesy.
- Solid project management skills with proper preparation discipline. This includes the ability to determine and communicate a clear meeting purpose, question to identify needs, frame business solutions in the context of value to the client, gain agreement to potential solution, and gain closure on next steps.
- Solid communication skills including the ability to present an accurate and compelling overview and benefits - using relevant examples of other clients’ experiences, convincing the client of the value proposition, and constructing a solid proposal perceived by the client as addressing their needs.
- Working levels of business acumen including the business and industry environments, business operational processes, market forces, customers and competitors of clients.
- Ability to develop business relationships with senior client executives to influence decision-makers at the highest levels.
- Excellent negotiation, mediation, & conflict management skills.
- Ability to write business cases, reports and business correspondence.
- Previous experience in managing the implementations of software technology.
- Team player with ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation, problem solving
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other software and technologies
- Problem solving mindset and ability to collaborate as a team to generate solutions
- Project Management Certification will be considered an asset
- University degree will be considered an asset
What about the advantages of joining us?
Aside from joining a professional and dynamic team, you will be entitled to our compensation plan and various other benefits, including:
- Professional development
- Profit sharing
- Group insurance from the first day of employment
- Bell Canada Employee Benefits (Pension Fund, Profit Sharing Plan and Employee Discount Plan)
If all these features speak to you, then do apply!
Createch offers competitive salaries and equal opportunities for all. If you meet the job requirements and are looking to take up engaging challenges, please send us your resume.
We thank you very much for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Createch is committed to employment equity and diversity.
The masculine and feminine used in this job offer refer equally to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender. Createch is an equal opportunity employer.