IBM MAXIMO Technical Consultant
- 5025 Creekbank Rd, Mississauga, ON L4W 5R2, Canada
Dedicated in improving business performance, Createch, a Bell Canada company, is a Canadian leader in supply chain optimization. Since 1993, the consulting firm offers services in manufacturing and logistics performance, process reengineering, asset management optimization, change management, ERP and information technology solution implementation.
Note: This job can also be based out of Createch's Hamilton office: 21 King Street West, Hamilton.
The incumbent’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop configuration designs, and technical specifications to meet customer needs;
- Assist with providing clients with technology solutions utilizing OO Architecture;
- Work with appropriate managers to develop and deploy applications in, web or mobile environments;
- Complete general programming and integration activities;
- Participate in design, coding and testing of custom solutions;
- Facilitate clients through a requirement discovery process;
- Prototype and document requirements;
- Provide customer and sales support as needed;
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations.
Essential Skills /Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience;
- 3 or more years experience in programming in consulting environments;
- Must have experience with Windows 9x/NT/2000 based personal computer productivity products;
- Expertise with J2EE architecture and proven ability to design, develop and deliver applications utilizing various components of the technology;
- Expertise with web development tools and technology, particularly JAVA, JSP, HTML, XML, and webMethods B2B;
- Expertise with modern programming languages, relational databases and operating environments, particularly Java, Windows, and Oracle or MS SQL Server databases;
- Travel requirement (mostly Ontario, sometimes throughout North America). Requirement is up to 80%.
- Self-driven with the strong sense of the ownership;
- Exposure to MAXIMO 7.6.1 modules and having worked on modifying them in a real customer implementation;
- Experience with MAXIMO Business Object customization;
- Experience with the MAXIMO Enterprise Adapter (MEA);
- Business acumen with customer focus and experience working with external customers;
- Database application development using PL/SQL or Transact-SQL;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical issues into business language as well as conduct in depth technical discussions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as a team member and as a liaison with customers;
- Analytical and innovative with the ability to collect data, analyze information and develop feasible recommendations;
What about the advantages of joining us?
Aside from joining a professional and dynamic team, you will be entitled to our compensation plan and various other benefits, including:
- Professional development
- Profit sharing
- Group insurance from the first day of employment
- Bell Canada Employee Benefits (Pension Fund, Profit Sharing Plan and Employee Discount Plan)
If all these features speak to you, then do apply!
Createch offers competitive salaries and equal opportunities for all. If you meet the job requirements and are looking to take up engaging challenges, please send us your resume.
We thank you very much for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Createch is committed to employment equity and diversity.
The masculine and feminine used in this job offer refer equally to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender. Createch is an equal opportunity employer.